2003 Audi Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

eengrms
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
USA
I just got a 2003 Audi A4 today. It has the Bose system in it, which sounds good but I want to add a subwoofer. I would normally in this situation just rip out the whole factory system and start from scratch, but the difference is I am leasing the car this time for business reasons. I do not want to replace the HU if I can help it, keep the stock look, and I shouldn't have to because it sounds fine. I just want to boost the low end.

Here is where my dilema begins. How to add a sub very easily with very little wires run and very little car dismantling in the process. As anyone who has ever leased a vehicle before can tell you, there is a heightened level of anxiety about tearing into something that really isn't yours. I want to add a small box/sub/amp combo- material and manufacturer unimportant, but I don't want to have to pull trim to get wires back. Most of you say it will be impossible, but I'm looking for creativity here. Hopefully someone with the same car who has done something similar can respond. I have power and ground available in the trunk. But the closest speakers to bring hig-level inputs from are in the back doors. There is a stock "sub" woofer in the rear deck, but I don't think I can tap into that signal for inputs. Anyone have any ideas? Running RCA's to the HU is not possible.

Well I'd deff. look at trying to get a signal from the sub in the rear deck. If you dont wanna pull back trim or anything all other solutions are gonna probably be pretty ghetto.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.