2002 honda insight

Participant count
  • Participant list

The Camry

Hey, I Try.
Spent all day doing an install for someone. Ugh hondas.

Then showed them my car and nowwww they want me to do a full blown component and sub install in their car..go figure

Thing is, its a hybrid car. What kind of power would be safe to run on this car?

Would it be best to run a second battery for storage because their isnt a direct alternator?

Any advice would be helpful.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Spent all day doing an install for someone. Ugh hondas.
Then showed them my car and nowwww they want me to do a full blown component and sub install in their car..go figure

Thing is, its a hybrid car. What kind of power would be safe to run on this car?

Would it be best to run a second battery for storage because their isnt a direct alternator?

Any advice would be helpful.

If running over 1000 rms Id do a 2nd battery...I use to have a Civic Hybrid ...Just run off your main battery under the hood ...the spare battery will serve as a reserve ...The battery pack for the hybrid system is separate...Im not sure exactly where on the insight but Id guess the hatch area ...You may want to do a birch enclousure to help with weight issues

If running over 1000 rms Id do a 2nd battery...I use to have a Civic Hybrid ...Just run off your main battery under the hood ...the spare battery will serve as a reserve ...The battery pack for the hybrid system is separate...Im not sure exactly where on the insight but Id guess the hatch area ...You may want to do a birch enclousure to help with weight issues
What spare battery? There is only a small(half the size of normal) battery under the hood.

Its a dc to dc converter I believe so shouldnt power be limited to the amp that converter can produce?

What spare battery? There is only a small(half the size of normal) battery under the hood.
Its a dc to dc converter I believe so shouldnt power be limited to the amp that converter can produce?

these cars have an extra battery for the hybrid stuff some off the wall volts im thinking like 144v ...its probably hidden in the trunk ...you don't want to fool with it...the one under the hood is a tiny 12v typical of Hondas...

these cars have an extra battery for the hybrid stuff some off the wall volts im thinking like 144v ...its probably hidden in the trunk ...you don't want to fool with it...the one under the hood is a tiny 12v typical of Hondas...
So your saying that as long as I keep it under 1000rms. He will be fine with just the small battery under the hood?

So your saying that as long as I keep it under 1000rms. He will be fine with just the small battery under the hood?
it should be ...but youll need to pull a good ground along with the power lead both at least 4g ...reason why since the car is a unibody it wont get a solid ground in the hatch area due to lack of frame

it should be ...but youll need to pull a good ground along with the power lead both at least 4g ...reason why since the car is a unibody it wont get a solid ground in the hatch area due to lack of frame
So big 3 pretty much.

Im not sure where the battery gets charged from. I looked but it kinda just disappeared into engine. Guess ill have to do some research.

I actually checked for good grounds today. Right in front of the rear hatch wall had .2 ohm resistance

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.