2002 camaro convt upgrade

Participant count
  • Participant list

Johnfin

Iam thinking about upgrading my sound system but keep it pretty much stock, ie no sub woofer in trunk or different head unit. It currently has four 4 ohm coax speakers with an amp ( monsoon). I would like to change the rears to woofers that can push some air and add a 2000hz lo pass filter. Do you think that will make a difference. Sounds like a mono am radio now.

You can keep your stock head unit but upgrade the rest of it. Putting different speakers in might make a slight improvement but will really come alive by putting a good 4 channel amp on them. The monsoon amp ***** compared to a good aftermarket amp. 2,000hz is a high frequency and not something you would set a low pass filter to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone make a plug in amp or adaptor plugs. I dont want to cut or splice. Also should i keep the monsoon since it has the crossover.

Also another problem is the rear side speakers have to be thin for clearance. The existings ones cant move the air for bass, the surround is too small and rigid.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.