2001 s10/Blazer doors

I really wish I had that technique to feather it out.....I cut out the circle and mounted a ring. Nice, strong, and flush. The thing is, it doesn't flow well with the outside of the ring. My door panels are pewter. You got some part numbers?

Thanks....Would you reccomend regular bondo or what else to smooth out from the ring to the door panel?
I will take some pictures.

Pics needed. I can get a better idea on the color also.

I suggest liquid plastic to do the rings to the doors. then some Evercoat filler to blend it all in.

Bondo = The Devil.

Will do...expect them in about 2 hours because I got to get home to get them.

Thanks for your help.

I used rustoleum "hammered" silver paint and the grills ****. I thought they would be cool, but not very much at all.

Pics

DSC01284.jpg

DSC01283.jpg

DSC01282.jpg

DSC01280.jpg

so u just resign it then put 1 layer of fiberglass matt with dabing fiberglass on it, then atach pod to door using the plastic stuff and sand it pretty much it?

Not really.

The material was stretched and attached to the door with CA Glue.

Resined and then 2 layers of mat was added.

I used the liquid plastic to blend it into the doors since they are plastic.

The blended all that with some quality body filler.

Flipx99,

The doors look the same color as mine were. It is known as Medium Grey and SEM has a perfect color match, but I left the codes. I'll post them tomorrow.

But blending that in would be easy. You just need to get some plastics to do it.

Tomorrow I iwll list a material made by Evercoat that uses a standard caulking gun to dispense. You would run a thick bead of it around the ring and spread it to a transition you like.

When that hardens, spread some nice body filler over that and smooth it all out.

The texture coat it and spray it the stock color and noone will know you did qork on them.

Thats the ultimate compliment. When it looks so good, noone can tell it was modified.

The only thing I have in a GM color like that is 110D Medium Dark Pewter, SEM Number 17163

Also, very close in color is the Meduim Grey that my stock 97 interior was. That is SEM Number 15393.

Hope that helps you out.

Autobody Paint and Supply store.

Or order from the internet if you can't find a store near you.

I'll work on a store to order from on Sunday if you don't have one locally.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.