2001 Mazda Tribute build

Got top and back 2nd baffle glued on, port hole cut, top reinforced with some screws, and inside sealed with caulk. Still got a lot of sanding to do, and need to cut out top holes and paint.

DSCN6651.jpg

Also my black 1/0g, ring terminals, and 10g speaker wire came today. So I did the one part of the big 3 that I could. Hopefully my blue 1/0 will be here by monday when I plan on doing the rest of the big 3 with my friend. It's gonna require a bit of disassembly to get to my alt.

DSCN6653.jpg

Got my dash kit and wiring harness today. Wow that mazda dash and radio player are a ***** to get out. But got my 9886 in there now. Took apart the whole center console to run the ipod cable to my center compartment. Also ran my RCA to the back. Came out very clean so far.

DSCN6655.jpg

DSCN6658.jpg

DSCN6659.jpg

Got the big 3 done today in 1/0g. Took a bit of work, had to take off tire and half axle and a bunch of other stuff to be able to get at the alt. Also ran power line through firewall. Finished painting the box and screwed in port. Also my amp and battery came today. Just waiting on the subs now.

DSCN6661.jpg

DSCN6660.jpg

DSCN6662.jpg

DSCN6663.jpg

Here's a vid.

Next thing I'm gonna do is deaden the back hatch, cargo area, and doors if i have enough deadener. I'm thinking I'm gonna go with a set of Hertz ESK 165 powered by a 2ch.

Not bad. Is it just me or is it already pretty quiet outside without deadening?
yeah that's what I was thinking, like standing right next to it you can't really hear the bass other than the license plate rattling, you can hear the highs pretty well though. I'll probably order deadening soon anyways.

20 sq feet of damplifier came today. can't say they did a good job packaging it today. it was just in one box, with the roller shoved in the side. got a bit gunked up, and the one corner is a bit crumpled.

DSCN6670.jpg

Okay I added deadener to the back hatch, though I'll still probably add more. Got rid of most of the license plate rattle. Shot a new vid tonight that shows a little door and roof flex. I'll be deadening the doors soon.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.