2000 Toyota 4runner Install 56k not recomended.

Hello! I guess I'm 3 weeks late to the party, lol! Bumpin Buick told me about the build but now that I'm actually seeing it all......JAW DROPPING!!! I took the time to read all 13 pages and I must say I'm VERY impressed on how this all came together! Very nice thread also (except for the few who aren't showing any love for some weird reason).

One of the thing that's impressed me the most out of all this, strangely, is how that STOCK battery is reading well over 14 volts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol!

Thanks for contacting me about the enclosure Bumpin B. Yeah, that enclosure build was very fun and I loved the way it turned out! Sorry to hear/see that the port is cracking like that....must be tons of pressure coming through that port! I made sure to used plenty of screws along with PLENTY of the best wood glue to make the connections the tightest they could be.

What you could try to do, like another member said, is to resin that area to reinforce it a big.

Grab a few 1/2" or 3/4" wood screws and screw in that cracking part right at the end of the port. Screw right into the side (from the inside of the port to the outside of it). If the 2nd or 3rd cracks are as bad, do the same but from the outside of the port to the inside. If you go from the outside to the inside, be sure to use 3/4" wood screws. Also, its seems as if those wood screws could have broken from the extreme pressure coming through that bad boy. I'd just take about 6-7 screws down the port (from top down....but make sure to use 1.5" wood screws b/c of the double baffle on top). Also, you can use 3/4" screws to screw into the side (outside to in) towards the top of the port.

If all that is done, it should def. take care of the rattle and eliminate any further cracking/rattling.

Once you get done doing all that, SEND ME THE BILL FOR ALL YOUR MATERIALS YOU BOUGHT TO DO THIS REPAIR AND I'LL TAKE CARE OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus, I'll pay you for your own labor too!

I really appreciate putting all the pics of the enclosure and the entire build on the forum! GOOD stuff coming from a good man!

Headed over to respond back to your email now! Thanks!

V.

maybe vitveet will chime in anytime now:) hes been viewin the thread //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
smart man, lol!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

V.

Hello! I guess I'm 3 weeks late to the party, lol! Bumpin Buick told me about the build but now that I'm actually seeing it all......JAW DROPPING!!! I took the time to read all 13 pages and I must say I'm VERY impressed on how this all came together! Very nice thread also (except for the few who aren't showing any love for some weird reason).One of the thing that's impressed me the most out of all this, strangely, is how that STOCK battery is reading well over 14 volts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol!

Thanks for contacting me about the enclosure Bumpin B. Yeah, that enclosure build was very fun and I loved the way it turned out! Sorry to hear/see that the port is cracking like that....must be tons of pressure coming through that port! I made sure to used plenty of screws along with PLENTY of the best wood glue to make the connections the tightest they could be.

What you could try to do, like another member said, is to resin that area to reinforce it a big.

Grab a few 1/2" or 3/4" wood screws and screw in that cracking part right at the end of the port. Screw right into the side (from the inside of the port to the outside of it). If the 2nd or 3rd cracks are as bad, do the same but from the outside of the port to the inside. If you go from the outside to the inside, be sure to use 3/4" wood screws. Also, its seems as if those wood screws could have broken from the extreme pressure coming through that bad boy. I'd just take about 6-7 screws down the port (from top down....but make sure to use 1.5" wood screws b/c of the double baffle on top). Also, you can use 3/4" screws to screw into the side (outside to in) towards the top of the port.

If all that is done, it should def. take care of the rattle and eliminate any further cracking/rattling.

Once you get done doing all that, SEND ME THE BILL FOR ALL YOUR MATERIALS YOU BOUGHT TO DO THIS REPAIR AND I'LL TAKE CARE OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus, I'll pay you for your own labor too!

I really appreciate putting all the pics of the enclosure and the entire build on the forum! GOOD stuff coming from a good man!

Headed over to respond back to your email now! Thanks!

V.
Thanks bud, I don't want anyone thinking your work is bad by this because no one could have expected this to happen. This whole build has been a learning process and its just one more thing. The only issue is with the box here at college I cant do anything to fix it until I get home, then I will take the subs out, repair the wood, and glass the inside. That will be in a weekend or two. Thanks for the box though, other than the port incident it really is an awesome box and was at a great price.

Ok, thanks man. Just lmk how that turns out whenever you get home and try all that out.

I just did a big project, not as big as yours but big for a system used ONLY for daily driving, and you should see the port FLEX on it:eek:! It's crazy and I've never seen anything like it! I knew I'd have to do something a little extra to it and figured that the port would be semi weak but didn't think it'd be like that! I'll post a vid of it over the weekend for you guys to see, lol.

What I'm doing to solve the problem, what you could possibly do also, is adding an entire side on the port (side). Basically like a double layered port. It'll stiffen it up quite well and eliminate any kinds of movement that could potentially damage the port.

Anyhow, here's a few pics. Just did 0 awg power and grounds, 2 18's (enclosure is approx. 10 cubes @ 28 hz) and running off of around 2200 wts rms. The subs we went with were 2 18" HC's. Had a few problems with one so we swapped them for a pair of modded/copper coiled FI SSD's.

CIMG9817.jpg

CIMG9816.jpg

CIMG9815.jpg

BTW, the ports is at the top now and the subs on the bottom, lol.

V.

I LOVE MY VITVEEET BOX, and vit i finally threw more power to them bad boys. kicker zx1500.1
sorry to jack the tread buick
Cool deal man! Betcha it sounds a bit different now huh?!!? That amp probably gives you a clean 250 wts per sub more power about. Can you notice a difference??!! Maybe we can meet up this weekend or next! Got a 12" SSA Icon ported in the IS300 that you need to listen too....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif!

Small update: Bumpin B. will come in a say more but he's going to try a few things in a few weeks (possibly adding an entire sheet to the side of the port) and see how that works. Theoretically, the enclosure is in great shape....we just wanna make sure no more damage occurs and want to eliminate that rattle (rattle coming from the panel slapping another panel). I'm sure he'll keep us all updated:)

V.

Yup will do, until then you think it would cause damage to play it how it is but just not turn it up all the way? Its still plays loud and sounds good untill certain lower notes then it starts to rattle

You'll be fine playint it like it is as long as you don't have it cranked when playing something LOW. When those low notes really come in at high volumes, large amounts of air is RUSHING through that port like you wouldn't believe (esp. with those subs and the power behind it pushin' them) and that's what will get those panels slapping each other.

So yeah, def. won't hurt anything with it a moderate volumes. The subs def. aren't affected at all by this b/c that loose panel is in the port and not the airspace where the subs are seeing.

V.

Well I realized at higher notes the box doesnt have any issues so I turned my amp up and volume even more today. I think I can say the subs are finally being broken in pretty good. I also had the hall director come out and tell me to turn it down because the dorm building was shaking. So i take that as a good sign. I will get more vids once this storm passes

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.