2000 mustang wiring?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Hippyplz

I'm getting ready to do the big three and run my power wire to the trunk. The Mustang has a distribution block in between the alternator and battery. Should I bypass that when doing the big 3 and run my new wire directly to the battery? Also is there any benefits to running a ground from the battery over grounding to the chassis?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'm getting ready to do the big three and run my power wire to the trunk. The Mustang has a distribution block in between the alternator and battery. Should I bypass that when doing the big 3 and run my new wire directly to the battery? Also is there any benefits to running a ground from the battery over grounding to the chassis?
I went ahead and ran it like factory, figured it worked for ford. Plus the original was like 8gauge so this is definitely better lol
2964132c0a5000e1b4740fc43de1abbf.jpg

I ran my ground to the 2 Power Sonic 100aH batteries I have and then to the start battery... I think it's better but I'm not an expert but instead of having to travel though the entire body n frame back to where the battery connects I thought it would be some what beneficial to run it right to the battery but when I ordered wire I got 25ft of black n 25ft of red for a pretty decent price

I would get rid of the cheap aluminum battery post connections next, Buy you some nice brass ones before those rust out,become brittle and fall apart and have a bad connection

I ran the grounds last night, still need to add some wire loom and extend a couple of the smaller factory grounds. Not a big fan of these battery terminals, but on the plus side my lights are brighter before.
2a069576c1d25071caf0a62fee0e70af.jpg
fc6fec747758764e0c39fdcb8fab5f90.jpg
6a304a3076716819dbd4007d2fc6ad27.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.