Brand new setup for 2017 F150 SCrew with base audio system/8" screen/Nav

Hey guys,

I need some help. I've wired two complete audio systems before but I always had an aftermarket headunit. Now I'm trying to keep my stock screen, etc so I had to change my normal setup.

So, I bought this stuff:

-Alpine 5 channel PDX-V9

-Alpine Type R 6.5" RS65C component speakers (the new ones)

-Alpine Type R 6.5" RS65 coaxial speakers (the new ones)

-Alpine Type R 10" SWR-T10 shallow mount subwoofer

-Hertz H8 DSP processor

I've never used a processor before. I realize there is a lot of tunability for this and it will take some time to adjust. But, I need a walk through and some suggestions for the wiring.

I understand I have to splice into the speaker wires behind the head unit. My plan is to run a long extension from there to the back of the truck where the processor will be. Is a "9 wire" that I see on Crutchfield enough? Or more or less?

Then, my plan was to power all 4 speakers with some 12 gauge wire I purchased from the amp. And the same with my sub (the amp can handle 100wx4 rms and 500wx1 rms). Which is what the speakers and subs can easily handle rms.

Most diagrams I see show the 4 channels being used to power the 2 woofers and 2 tweeters for just the components. But my plan was to run 1 wire to the crossover and then power the teeeter and woofers from there. And use the twos remaining channels to power the coax in the back and finally the remaining one for the sub.

Can I do this? If so, what output channels on the processor do I use? Like, some appear to have low and high pass filters, but I'm guessing I'd want a mid? Maybe the frequency is adjustable?

Also, from the processor to the amp, is it just 3 sets of rca's that I would need?

I basically need your guys advice on best setup and some help with wiring.

I really appreciate any tips/advice/help.

Thanks very much.

Adam

Last edited by a moderator:
PITA to do just have a shop do it. I put a system in my dads 2016 f150 sc lariat. You need to connect some diodes or something i forgot what exactly to the factory amp to Have a dummy load on it. And good luck getting wire into the factory grommets. I just tapped into them at the door sills.

PITA to do just have a shop do it. I put a system in my dads 2016 f150 sc lariat. You need to connect some diodes or something i forgot what exactly to the factory amp to Have a dummy load on it. And good luck getting wire into the factory grommets. I just tapped into them at the door sills.
Had to do the same with my car with the Sony setup. Factory amp has to stay and have resistors to have a load on it.

OP does your 17 have the sony system? What trim level is the truck.

Thank so much guys, I really appreciate the responses.

First, what's the ANP? My car audio shop and YouTube videos showed the wires being spliced from the back of the headunit so if there is another option, I might as well learn about it.

My truck just has the base sound system. So I don't have to worry about any existing amp, etc. It's an XLT with 8" screen, Nav, with the newest version of the sync.

Any help is appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 16 crew cab with the same stock system. I had a shop install my dsp as it was too much work to do during the Texas summer. Running wires from amp to speaker can be done but it requires making a hole in the oem adapter found in the door jamb. It's a pain but doable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I highly recommend you guys Check out the Rockford Fosgate DSR1. It completely eliminates the Sony amp, as in you remove the Sony amp from your truck. It’s designed with maestro so everything is completely plug and play and includes the Rockford Fosgate 360.3 processor built in. It’s ******!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.