2000+ Chevy Owners...

Okay, now that I actually do my homework on it, it appears that some Ventures are equipped with data bus radios in the 2000 and 2001 model year.

Where do your warning chimes come from? Put your key in, turn it to ACC and listen for the warning chimes. Do they come from the driver's door speaker, or somewhere else?

I've never seen red/pink used in a GM radio harness, so I don't know what your wire is. I've often seen pink used for GM amp turn-on and power antenna wires.

If the radio is generating the warning chimes, they will come from the driver's door speaker. If they sound like they're coming from the dash area, they're not tied into the factory radio.

If the radio is generating the warning chimes, they will come from the driver's door speaker. If they sound like they're coming from the dash area, they're not tied into the factory radio.
well when i checked to hear it yesterday...it was coming from an area inside the dash. not the drivers door speaker.

You don't have to use that $80 harness, it only allows you to keep your chimes like the door; low fuel; etc......I have an 02 Monte Carlo, my car has a stock amp, but I did get the expensive harness, like $70 (Scoche DCGM09).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.