Kinetik HC 1400 & 2400

Participant count
  • Participant list

donpisto
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
I currently have an HC 1400 under the hood. I'll be running a soundstream xxx 6500 to a dd 9515. I've been to only one comp and I plan on going again soon and I competed in Street B. I am thinking of adding another battery (last comp i was using a Treo SSX 1500.1). I found a good deal on some 2400's. I can't run two 2400's because it wont fit under my hood so i'm stuck with the 1400 under the hood. I know its not a great idea to mix batteries, but just was wondering if I put an 2400 in the trunk, am I going to be causing problems?

I currently have an HC 1400 under the hood. I'll be running a soundstream xxx 6500 to a dd 9515. I've been to only one comp and I plan on going again soon and I competed in Street B. I am thinking of adding another battery (last comp i was using a Treo SSX 1500.1). I found a good deal on some 2400's. I can't run two 2400's because it wont fit under my hood so i'm stuck with the 1400 under the hood. I know its not a great idea to mix batteries, but just was wondering if I put an 2400 in the trunk, am I going to be causing problems?
No problem with running a 1400 and a 2400, but in St B you can only run 1 battery //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Ah, shiet....I forgot bout that....Would I see a big difference when using for daily driving? I have a 90A (yeah i know, not near enough but i dont wanna buy a new alt if I might be gettin a new vehicle within a year). Also I have the Big 3 done in 1/0 as well as using 1/0 power and ground wires.

Ah, shiet....I forgot bout that....Would I see a big difference when using for daily driving? I have a 90A (yeah i know, not near enough but i dont wanna buy a new alt if I might be gettin a new vehicle within a year). Also I have the Big 3 done in 1/0 as well as using 1/0 power and ground wires.
I'm going to guess that a 2400 out back would be a huge help to that 6500.

at the contest in street b you cant have the car on...if you can get the 2400 under the hood (seen them in many of small car like crx) the better off you will be. AS FOR dailly just set it up to easilly remove the other batteries from the back and a bigger alt is HIGHLY recomended. that amp is no joke. big 3 a must as parts of the big 3 (grounds)will also help with your db drag score.

Yep, got the big 3 done in 1/0 and luckily my locations for everything are REALLY short. I used probably 6 ft in total of wire for it. I'd get a new alt but I may get a new vehicle soon and it wont be worth spending the couple hundred for a new alt and not needing it later. I just checked and I have no way to put in the 2400 under the hood.

I just thought you shouldn't mix batteries, but I misunderstood, shouldnt mix battery brands. Thanks for the help everyone.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.