2000 4runner front speaker instal help! crossovers

Participant count
  • Participant list

michalik.piotr6
10+ year member

Seattle
I just installed a pair of Clarion component speakers that had a crossover inline (not a big separate box) and got lazy and spliced it all into the oem wireing vs. dragging that wire to the deck.

Then it occured to me, since there already were tweeters on the a pillar and mids in the doors, does that mean that there is an existing crossover somewhere in the wireing and now i have two? if so, then i can "cut" mine out and splice the wires back together. If there was no crossover originally then i'm fine.

i have an alpine aftermarket HU btw.

Thanks. I guess i'm just wondering if there is an existing oem cross over in the wireing.

There might be a crossover already installed. You would have to find it and add your new one also. but that will make it a 2 ohm load. Not certain that your factory deck can drop that low. I think your best bet is to add an amp, then run it to both the factor and your after makert on seprated channels. Use a four channel amp to do this.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.