2000-3000 watts rms

atxiq

Have 4 Alpine SWR 1223d rated at 600 wrms well looking for an amp to push them.

The budget is anywhere from 300-500 dollars maybe a bit more but atleast needs to be 2k-3k wrms at 1 ohm or if theres something that could work at .25 ohms or 4 ohms and pushes out that amount of wattage without stressing the amp would be fine to. Been looking into the brz 2400.1d that hifonics makes then there the audiopipe aqx 2500 or 3500 but have heard they distort while doing this type of power. Will be willing to get two seperate amps that atleast do 1k, if you have any other suggestion plz feel free thanks for your help.

Other thing yea i have the hype r's ok got a real good deal for all four.

xspower d31, stock alt and batt up front big 3 done with 1/0 gauge wiring

HO alt is coming next or should that be 1st inline???

What is the difference between the BRZ 2400.1d and the AQ2200d

have heard much that they are pretty much the same board and but the hifonics puts out 2400 at 12v's

and the AQ puts out 2400 at 14v's? Have looked at this comparision but when seen this made me

think otherwise. What about the audiopipe and willing to get a other xs d31 batt unless alt is needed now

For 3,000 watts the math for current is watts/voltage = amps. 3,000/14.4 ~ 208. If you're going to play 0 dB sine waves you need a bigger alternator than 208 amps. Keep in mind idle current is not the same as max current.

What is the difference between the BRZ 2400.1d and the AQ2200d
With one you can be elite on forums using an "underground" brand, with the other you "could do better for less money and they're not very good". Otherwise they appear to be pretty much identical.

You ought not attempt to run ANYTHING at 1/4 ohm unles you have the budget to replace blown amps regularly, and I'd consider at least another additional battery before attempting to run more than 2KW.

From my experience 2 additional batteries is enough for 3K. Not perfect and possibly not for everyoen's listening habits, but I have got away with it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.