2 xxx 12's or 1 xxx 15?

if you have the money....get the 2 12s ported box and a single 1500d...if you want 2 amps then get a pair of bx1000 if your set on hifonics, but there are plenty of good amps out there for a lil more...planet audio, orion, us...to name a few.

IMO (2) 12's. You need the same airspace but are going to get more cone area out of (2) 12's. And look for a single amp closer to 3kw.

Think about your electrical system man. If you haven't upgraded your stock electrical system, then powering 2 xxx subs will be hell. If stock electrical system, I'd go with one 15"XXX...

I don't know why but, it seems that not enough people on this forum think about their electrical system. Like whatever they choose will have adequate juice from the alt.

2 1600wrms subs, not to mention your mids and highs. That's gonna take a nice size alt man...

Well for starters your DUMB...He can power both subs off the bx1500 and not worry about the electical system for the most part....later down the road yes a ho alt would be ideal, but your making it seem like he is gonna be running 10,000 watts....if you want ask ss3079 about his power acoutic 2400 run off his STOCK electical system...and its only got a 60 amp alt...THANKS...

Yes if he decides to run a pair of bx1500 and mids and high amp he will need to upgrade....It also goes by the rating of the amp vs the current draw....crossfire for example is rated at 12vlts.

he's asking for sub opinions, not overall system.

not to mention, you're assumming he's maxing the amps out @ 1ohm...

dont assume anything... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Well for starters your DUMB...He can power both subs off the bx1500 and not worry about the electical system for the most part....later down the road yes a ho alt would be ideal, but your making it seem like he is gonna be running 10,000 watts....if you want ask ss3079 about his power acoutic 2400 run off his STOCK electical system...and its only got a 60 amp alt...THANKS...
Yes if he decides to run a pair of bx1500 and mids and high amp he will need to upgrade....It also goes by the rating of the amp vs the current draw....crossfire for example is rated at 12vlts.
'

why the flaming?

I'm "DUMB" just for telling about electrical system upgrades?

I've seen plenty of friends electrical systems that had bad dimming just from a 600wrms sub amp + mids and highs.

I'm just trying to get him to understand that his electrical system (stock) may not support the dual XXX setup.

So wash the sand from your ******, you get irritated too easy... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

he's asking for sub opinions, not overall system.
not to mention, you're assumming he's maxing the amps out @ 1ohm...

dont assume anything... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I hear ya,

But from what I've gathered about the XXX series, they're some pretty inefficient subs that need quite a bit of power to play to their potential. I wasn't assuming maxing out @1ohm, but I was assuming around 70% power. Which, if you add in mids and highs, could be hard on his electrical system. And if not that much, I don't see the point in getting them if your not going to use them to their potential or close to it. Otherwise it would be better to get different subs. That's why I recommended the one 15"XXX.

But like I said, I hear ya. I just try to put myself in the other person's shoes when I give advice //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Hey genius, that wont work. Speaker impedances would cause problems. What impedance would you suggest he run those subs at to run both off a BX1500D? And once he switches to two amps? If you're gonna be a smart ass, better make sure you aren't being a dumb ass.

well since you wanna be so smart....try uh 2ohm load for the bx1500 and they should see roughly 500rms each...which will be fine in a truck...and if he was to go 2 amps the bx1000d they would roughly see 900-1000 each running each at 1ohm seeing how the xxx is your choice of config so what in the hell are you talking about?

why wouldnt it be? Yes its a waste in my mind, but if thats what he wants and what makes him happy then go for it...not to mention you can choose the coil config on the XXX.

why wouldnt it be? Yes its a waste in my mind, but if thats what he wants and what makes him happy then go for it...not to mention you can choose the coil config on the XXX.
Im aware you can chose the coil configs on XXX's, I chose the standard dvc 2ohm config when I ordered mine. This doesn't get around the fact there is no way to maximize your impedance with both one amp and two. So he'd have to underpower them (grossly) with the standard coil config until he upgraded to what he should have done in the first place (two amps), or get them in a custom coil config that wouldn't allow them to maximize a pair of BX1500D's down the road when he wants to upgrade.

You answered your own question why 500 watts per wouldn't be appropriate, it would be a waste. Who says it would make him happy, its just what you are suggesting he do. There are other drivers better suited to that power. IMO a better idea would be to get one XXX and one amp, wired up to maximize the amp and sub, and get the other pair later, if he's wanting the upgrade route. If he just wants to go balls to the wall now, he should just get the pair of XXX's and a pair of amps, and upgrade the charging system where needed.

Yes in so many words I was trying to get at that...just to add....The bx1500 isnt enough power for a single XXX....I would say the bx1800 if you wanted hifonics.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

kxben259

10+ year member
kxben259
Athens, Ga
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from