2 xxx 12's or 1 xxx 15?

The two 12's would have more cone area, greater power handling and more motor to spread the power throughout (being two versus one). The two 12's would definitely be a superior setup (for output, SQ differences would probably be inaudible), but would take twice as much cash and twice as much power. If its worth that is up to you.

2 12"s, whether you get the 15" or the 12"s your aiming for about the same amount of airspace. With the 12"s you can keep the box to a lower profile if you fire the them forward, which is the route Id go.

I can't imagine you'd really need that much power considering you are using the woofers firing directly into a fairly small airspace.

I'd say just get a pair of XXX 12s, and just one of those amps, assuming you can get an acceptable load from them.

A pair of XXX 12s with 1.5kW or so is still gonna get pretty **** loud.

A single sealed XXX 15 in 2.1-2.5cf would work pretty well too. The 12s will be more efficient, given the same power levels, of course

Yeah the 15 would be better. It would be unbelievably loud in that small cabin. The 2 12"xxx's would take too large of a box and you would have to have drop too much cash on that setup. So 1 15" xxx would suffice. Cuz that way you wouldn't have to buy 2 amps too.

Yeah the 15 would be better. It would be unbelievably loud in that small cabin. The 2 12"xxx's would take too large of a box and you would have to have drop too much cash on that setup. So 1 15" xxx would suffice. Cuz that way you wouldn't have to buy 2 amps too.

According to RE's specs, two 12's take the same space (ported or sealed) as one 15. And the 12's will accept more power than the single 15 in that same space, more cone area... more output. Enclosure volume is actually an advantage of the 12's over the single 15 setup, not the other way around. This is the main reason I went with two XXX 15's over a single 18. I'll have more output than a single 18 setup, and use the same enclosure volume.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

kxben259

10+ year member
kxben259
Athens, Ga
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from