2-way active system for my E150

Participant count
  • Participant list

gstokes

FÜKENGRUVEN
It's in an unfinished stage and looks a bit raw but keep in mind i am in wheelchair and what takes you an hour takes me all day sometimes 2 days but it's working and sounds incredible, very loud and very clear with depth and detail and smoothness i had never before encountered, true audiophile sound. Now i need to finish the job and put the door panels back on.

CDT audio CL-5 midrange, drivers door

DSCF4095_zps234d2e58.jpg

Gives you an idea of how small or big the 4" x 6" wedge is for the tweeters

DSCF4094_zps6c17b926.jpg

Vifa BC25SC06-4, i really wanted to put them into each of the 2 non-functioning A/C vents but i would lose the fantastic upstaging, the band is spread out on the dashboard in front of me just like it should be, the wedge put's the tweeters in your face and there is no off-axial frequency response, i got that soundstage i was looking for and a little bit more, i want to keep them up there so i will paint the cardboard wedge and cover it with speaker cloth and put some double stick on it, tuck the cables in and call it done. It sounds too good to lose.

DSCF4091_zps85f67b36.jpg

No trimming required, just remove dash trim plate, upgrade head unit and reinstall dash trim plate, fits beautiful just like stock head unit.

DSCF4089_zpsb224c84f.jpg

yada yada yada, passenger door

DSCF4084_zps6c373c47.jpg

MTX TNE212D modified compound push/pull, sounds fantastic.

DSCF4083_zps1c6f7845.jpg

MB Quart OA1100.5 in temporary location, have to extend the interconnects and get another battery before relocating the amplifier to the very back of the van under the bed that way i can eliminate the 4 gauge power cables under the van and just have a single 10 gauge charge line for the battery isolator (coming through the firewall), i have never been hip to the idea of having power cables running under my floorboard and exposed to the elements, there's just too many things that could go wrong.

DSCF4093_zps80454bfd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good. Getting me excited to go active
I can't describe how pure the music is, maybe like water flowing or similar but between Vifa tweets and CDT midrange it is a match made in heaven. The tweeters are set in highpass at 3kHz and only rated for 50w rms but there on a 75w rms channel so they get pushed right to the edge with continuous power, same with the midrange, 60w rms driver in bandpass from 150Hz - 3kHz on a 75w rms channel. I would say it's almost perfectly balanced but they will rock you, that is for sure. The modified compound push/pull design did wonders for the cheap subs that came with the enclosure, both subs are only rated for 400w rms but they're on a 500w rms channel in lowpass from 20Hz to 150Hz, the entire system is pushed right to the edge with continuous power. It slams to say the least, very tight bass response. I am staying with the compound push\pull because it sounds incredible compared to the original design and helps to control the el cheapo subs even more especially with the power i am feeding them.

It's getting there and is most definitely more than i had hoped for.

i give you allot of props for doing all this being in a chair, great work..... being disabled i know i have challenges also. not like you but i have my own problems.

so i say keep it up......

Thank you Scott, i have to give props to the crew here at CA for guiding me through the unknown and Trumpet at Easy Way Electronics for the CL-5 mids, they are the highlight of the entire system, they outshine the tweeters by a wide margin and just dominate a majority of the music, they're not kidding when they claim 6 octaves of frequency response, i could probably extend bandpass out to 5kHz and it would sound even better, fantastic 5.25" speaker and worth the expense.

I didn't even read you were in a wheelchair. Your a beast lol. I have a friend in a chair and I can't get him to do anything besides shoot dope all day. Your an inspiration, I'm about to show my friend this thread and tell him find a hobby lol.

I didn't even read you were in a wheelchair. Your a beast lol. I have a friend in a chair and I can't get him to do anything besides shoot dope all day. Your an inspiration, I'm about to show my friend this thread and tell him find a hobby lol.
that kind of sounds like me.. ( im on massive amount of pain killers )

i was told i have 2 weeks to live about 8 months ago. the only reason im here is i had a very serous operation and that has given me a little more time. so im trying to finish my truck the way i want it because i dont know when that day will come.

anyway enough of me, this is the ops thread.

the van is lookin good. i have been thinking of going with some mids in my doors. just have to get the energy to do it lol

that kind of sounds like me.. ( im on massive amount of pain killers )i was told i have 2 weeks to live about 8 months ago. the only reason im here is i had a very serous operation and that has given me a little more time. so im trying to finish my truck the way i want it because i dont know when that day will come.

anyway enough of me, this is the ops thread.

the van is lookin good. i have been thinking of going with some mids in my doors. just have to get the energy to do it lol
Opiates can fu*k sh*t up, so be safe. I'm sorry, life really can be a bit*ch sometimes. Do the stuff you love to do, and finish that truck up lol

i know all about what these pills can do but i have to take them. iv been on them for 18 years . i know have memory loss from them.......

ya i need to get going on this truck. i just have way to many things to do. i get overwhelmed just thinking about it lol...

anyway let me get off and try and do something before i get pissed tonight for not doing anything lol..

i know all about what these pills can do but i have to take them. iv been on them for 18 years . i know have memory loss from them.......
ya i need to get going on this truck. i just have way to many things to do. i get overwhelmed just thinking about it lol...

anyway let me get off and try and do something before i get pissed tonight for not doing anything lol..
My prayers go0 out to you Scott.. After the injury i too needed the pills for the pain and depression, one of the best things i ever did for myself was move to oregon and get medical marijuana license, it has done more to help me than any of the pills they offer, even the opiates like oxycodone i have replaced with medical grade maryjane and will probably be using it for life.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.