2-way active 4ch buget amp?

I have an old school JBL GTQ 200 that will be within the limits you are requiring, as the vehicles are more voltage these days, and one of the best amps they ever made.If you have an interest Pm me.Thanks..I have specs that can be printed out to send along with the amp as well

Was considering going active and wanted to see my option this route vs getting a active HU. What are some buget friendly 2-active 4ch amps? Looking for 80-100wrms
MB Quart Q4.80 or Q4.150 or the Precision Power PC400.4 will work for active.

really? so all you guys that are saying use a mb quart do realize it is NOT capable of 2 way active setup. yes it has an HPF up to 13khz BUT the low pass is up to 250hz. also it only has full lpf and hpf settings. you can use it as an active amp BUT you would need a 2 or 3 way active crossover before the amp. an amp that is active capable with nothing more than rcas from a non active HU would need a HPF above 3khz for tweeters and a bandpass feature meaning you can filter frequencies out below lets say your crossover point selected at 100hz and filter frequencies above what you have your tweeters hpf set to.

with that said OP i have a kicker SX700.4 for a more than reasonable price which will do all of this with the simple touches of some buttons. no guess work. its all digital.

New amps...Id look at the S Streams, or the PPI Sadona,or even the Alpines.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

really? so all you guys that are saying use a mb quart do realize it is NOT capable of 2 way active setup. yes it has an HPF up to 13khz BUT the low pass is up to 250hz. also it only has full lpf and hpf settings. you can use it as an active amp BUT you would need a 2 or 3 way active crossover before the amp. an amp that is active capable with nothing more than rcas from a non active HU would need a HPF above 3khz for tweeters and a bandpass feature meaning you can filter frequencies out below lets say your crossover point selected at 100hz and filter frequencies above what you have your tweeters hpf set to.
with that said OP i have a kicker SX700.4 for a more than reasonable price which will do all of this with the simple touches of some buttons. no guess work. its all digital.
You are confused, the Onyx series is what you are describing. MB Quart Q series has 20Hz-4.5KHz HPF on channels 1&2 and channels 3&4 can be band passed with a 15Hz-1KHz HPF and a 40HZ-4.5KHz LPF. The Q series has a very nice crossover network, compared to most amplifiers in it's price range.

You are confused, the Onyx series is what you are describing. MB Quart Q series has 20Hz-4.5KHz HPF on channels 1&2 and channels 3&4 can be band passed with a 15Hz-1KHz HPF and a 40HZ-4.5KHz LPF. The Q series has a very nice crossover network, compared to most amplifiers in it's price range.
i stand corrected! i made an assumption i was incorrect. but still, not a fan of maxxsonics 4ch's

My Mb Quart PAB 4100 has bandpass controls on it.

SO the q-series by mb and that ballin kicker. Although i dont have alot of room for amp mounting so that kickers to big for my lil truck. Also considering getting alpines imprint and run active that way. It is really worth it to go active?

If you want a reference quality amplifier with active crossover and price not much higher than MQ Quart, look at PPI Power Class amplifiers. Having said that, I am using MB Quart REF4.80 myself for a bi-amp front stage. Since I have bi-amp crossover setup, I don't care that the REF4.80 does not have a sophisticated active crossover capability. However, this little amp does put out a good amount of power. It's rated for 4x80 at 4ohms, but had measured 4x110watts at 4ohms in an independent test, and also showed very low noise/distortion numbers. I couldn't resist buying one for $120, even though it's MB Quart, a brand that recently seems to get less respect than previously.

SO the q-series by mb and that ballin kicker. Although i dont have alot of room for amp mounting so that kickers to big for my lil truck. Also considering getting alpines imprint and run active that way. It is really worth it to go active?
Some people have reported quart Q-series amps blowing up tweeters and such. The new MB Quart quality seems to be hit and miss. Most people are happy with their quart gear, but there are some horror stories too. The ONX series seems to have similar reputation. If you can, get a PPI Phantom P900.4 amplifier, an amp 4x140watt power rating. Active crossover going to up 4-4.5KHz with 12dB slope. But Power Class would be the best IMHO.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.