2 Sundown E8 v4 -- AERO PORT ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jasonv31

Texas
2014 Honda Accord Sport wanting to have the box in the trunk subs firing towards the rear away from the cabin, with an aero port firing up into the cabin through the factory sub opening in the rear parcel tray (center of the tray). I'm going for 1 cube total for both subs tuned to 32hz (thats minimum that sundown recommends .5 - .75 per sub) as I have heard that going on the lower end of recommended can help with power handling. I was looking at the aeroport in 3" and making it external (if not all, most) and as mentioned above to the factory sub opening.

I know most designs that are ported use slot ports, Anyone have thoughts on this setup ? Apologies if this has been asked and if its a really dumb question ... hahaha :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Aeroports are easy to design with and efficient. I prefer them over slot ports. Why not just do an E10 or 12? Are you trying to save space in the trunk?
I recently made a box for an E10v3. 1.27cf tuned to 33hz with a 3inch aero

View attachment 26556815
Yes... trying to save space. Also Ive had em for some time... need to get off my *** and get em installed LOL. **** nice box you have there ! What are your thoughts about my overall idea ? (Mainly the part where I am rear firing in trunk and up firing my aero port into my cabin from the trunk thru the factory sub cutout) :)

Yes... trying to save space. Also Ive had em for some time... need to get off my *** and get em installed LOL. **** nice box you have there ! What are your thoughts about my overall idea ? (Mainly the part where I am rear firing in trunk and up firing my aero port into my cabin from the trunk thru the factory sub cutout) :)
I don't see anything wrong with the idea. I do know it can be tricky to implement and it would be hard to take the box out. Are you planning on cutting the rear deck piece so you can see the flare coming out of the top or are you planning on keeping it stock looking and hiding the flare under the plastic piece?

I don't see anything wrong with the idea. I do know it can be tricky to implement and it would be hard to take the box out. Are you planning on cutting the rear deck piece so you can see the flare coming out of the top or are you planning on keeping it stock looking and hiding the flare under the plastic piece?
Stock as possible ... My car is a sport, I am buying a new parcel tray that has the sub hole in the plastic tray (cloth sub opening) and will try and keep the port a few inches from the underside of the opening. Its showing on the precision port site that the port would be about 10" long so im guessing that should be about right. I will be getting the precise measurements this weekend. I still have to reinstall the interior, I pulled it to do panel damping and mass loaded vinyl in the whole car.

I am running a JBL MS-8 for DSP (using the internal amp for now for front and rear fill). PRV 6 1/2 mids and tymphany tweets in the front and 5 1/2 2 ways in the rear. The 2 sundown subs will be on a sundown saz 1000D (subs are both DVC ... wired the amp will see almost 1.5 ohms so it will be a bit over rms for the subs. :)

p.s. I really appreciate your feedback ... i'm certainly not a pro at this :)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.