2 SA8v2's going to... lanzar 8's

Participant count
  • Participant list

cfox10
10+ year member

Rock the house.
Have 2 sa8's in my girlfriends car right now on about 500w...between the two. She doesn't want more output so it's on low power.

Think there would be a huge difference in output/quality at such a small amount of power between the two if I switched her out to some Lanzars? Or other cheaper 8's...

I'd go AB xd 8's.....
Was looking into those too... but by the time I sell my sa8's and buy the xd's, I'm almost breaking even. I could get 4 lanzar 8's and sell 2 of em' on craigslist..and still have some cash left over.

I'm not building a new box..it won't make a difference to her sound wise, and saves me cash. Plus the box is sexy as hell

Was looking into those too... but by the time I sell my sa8's and buy the xd's, I'm almost breaking even. I could get 4 lanzar 8's and sell 2 of em' on craigslist..and still have some cash left over.
I'm not building a new box..it won't make a difference to her sound wise, and saves me cash. Plus the box is sexy as hell
here's my thing the xd's are awesome subs louder than the sa 8 v1 yet not as much as the v2, awesome quality..... the reason why I said that was.... I think the lanzars would be too much of a quality/output loss... its one thing to give up a little output or quality but with those subs your gonna give up too much... those xd's are great 8's... 300rms each... lower power perfect.... I've had as much as a brz1700 on a set and they performed flawlessly....

here's my thing the xd's are awesome subs louder than the sa 8 v1 yet not as much as the v2, awesome quality..... the reason why I said that was.... I think the lanzars would be too much of a quality/output loss... its one thing to give up a little output or quality but with those subs your gonna give up too much... those xd's are great 8's... 300rms each... lower power perfect.... I've had as much as a brz1700 on a set and they performed flawlessly....
Yeah, I'll see about posting up the sa8's for the xd's plus cash. These are the v2's but they've barely seen any power... Or see if I can find some used xd's. I never had the chance to put power on my xfl's... but the build quality was great. still haven't put power to my zcon 18... I keep switching around my girlfriends car and putting off my own lol or working on peoples cars for free... even though I should have been studying for midterms.

Yeah, I'll see about posting up the sa8's for the xd's plus cash. These are the v2's but they've barely seen any power... Or see if I can find some used xd's. I never had the chance to put power on my xfl's... but the build quality was great. still haven't put power to my zcon 18... I keep switching around my girlfriends car and putting off my own lol or working on peoples cars for free... even though I should have been studying for midterms.
the xd's are real close to the vfl's.... I let my dad listen to the xd 8's for 10 minutes and he wouldn't let me leave until he got them 8's..... thats why I sold he's jl 10w6v2 the 8's sounded way better......

the xd's are real close to the vfl's.... I let my dad listen to the xd 8's for 10 minutes and he wouldn't let me leave until he got them 8's..... thats why I sold he's jl 10w6v2 the 8's sounded way better......
I'm probably looking at keeping the sa8's... I don't think I want to chance using the lanzars, and I know if I ever want to put some more power in her car the sa's can handle it. and if I got the xd's I'm probably losing money or breaking even after selling the sa8's.

I'm probably looking at keeping the sa8's... I don't think I want to chance using the lanzars, and I know if I ever want to put some more power in her car the sa's can handle it. and if I got the xd's I'm probably losing money or breaking even after selling the sa8's.
yeah, I would've kept the sa 8's too.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.