(2) SA-8s ported, work in progress 02 Toyota Tacoma Xtended Cab

30Hertz
10+ year member

Alright, I know I recently put back in my 15" Brahma, but I wanted to try a dual 8 set up. Might go triple 8 but trying two for now to see how it'll sound.

(2) SA-8s

1.2^ft net after displacements at 25hz with 20 sq inch of port area (trying port pointing to the rear)

Got way more power than I need for two of them off a Orion 2500d

Onto the build thus far. Doesn't look like much yet, but we'll see...taking my time in between work.

IMAG0037.jpg

IMAG0036.jpg

IMAG0043.jpg

IMAG0044.jpg

IMAG0041.jpg

IMAG0042.jpg

IMAG0038.jpg

Just for shits N giggles I'm going to paint the interior white and putting in a plexi window to see the motors. Also have my trim panel rings cut for the top, going to put a layer of glass to flush the subs and will be finished in Vinyl.

There's a separate internal wall that I had to put in so I could get the proper ^ft otherwise it would have been to large for only two of the 8's.

I should be doing more soon.

My progress today thus far:

Painted inside of the box, routed out the plexi window, created lip to inset plexi panel for mounting (not finished), drilled hole for wire...mock up

Next up, round over the speaker flush rings, work on 1/2" MDF beauty panel for top, paint the top panel where speakers are

IMAG0046.jpg

IMAG0047.jpg

IMAG0048.jpg

IMAG0049.jpg

IMAG0050.jpg

IMAG0051.jpg

IMAG0052.jpg

IMAG0053.jpg

IMAG0054.jpg

IMAG0055.jpg

back to work

GREAT work. I would like to do something like this with plexiglass for my trunk install, but my subs and port will be firing back. It would be pretty much pointless unless I were to fire my sub into the rear deck where my factory 10 was. 2 questions. Which router bit did you use on the top baffle? It's a 45 something I know, but forgot the name of it. Also, Those rings you made, is it 3/4" MDF stacked on top of 1/2"?

2 questions. Which router bit did you use on the top baffle? It's a 45 something I know, but forgot the name of it. Also, Those rings you made, is it 3/4" MDF stacked on top of 1/2"?
1) I just used a 45 degree 1/4" shank bit, cheap *** one from Orchard does the trick

2) The flush rings are 3/4" MDF, they are just added on top of the original 3/4" baffle, the beauty panel is 1/2" MDF.

I'll fiberglass the inner portion of the top panel where the flush rings are when I get the plexi window in, its en-route so we'll see. I've got some Di-Noc white carbon fiber to go on the top glassed portion, the rest will be grey vinyl to match my interior.

Thanks for the comments, been taking my time on this one. Hopefully it'll sound good...who knows tho since they're recommended to be tuned to 30hz lol.

I might either 45 or round over the outside of the rings...ive got some MDF left over if anyone needs some rings cut

Re-tuned the port to to 30 Hertz. Decided I had it to low.

IMAG0066.jpg

IMAG0064.jpg

Waiting for my pexi to get here so I can get this **** thing finished..my Di-Noc is here along with my vinyl.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.