2 RF P2s or 1 JL W6

Participant count
  • Participant list
Just curious which set up would hit louder, harder, and lower. Either would be pushed by a Kicker KX 800.1. Either would be in a car trunk.

7CC766B3-4293-4846-9899-CADBA447A4A9.jpeg
7F00FB64-03DC-43F0-95F4-1779492FDED7.jpeg

The Rockford is double the cone area so it will be louder but those boxes are garbage. Stupid small and tuning is super high. The JL HO is impressive but the price is insane.

The Rockford is double the cone area so it will be louder but those boxes are garbage. Stupid small and tuning is super high. The JL HO is impressive but the price is insane.
Tuned high huh... damn. Glad I asked. I should probably just stick to JL, they’ve been good to me. I know a guy that wants to downsize, said he’d sale me his 6-month old HO for $580... can probably get him close to $500... so I’d be happy with that. How’s the SQ on RF? I’ve never owned one.

That Alpine as others have mentioned its the box that it is in. Shredder knows what he is doing he designed my box for my American Bass TNT-1044s at 37hz and they hit really nice. I can't wait till the new amplifier is here later in the month doubling the power on them. You will be happy with that box when it is all said and done. I ran Alpine Type S which is their entry level and those even slam in the proper box. Alpine all around has a good reputation with their subwoofers and for a good reason. I would have no issues running them again, and I would take them over the Rockford Fosgates all day long. Ever since RF went big box store imho their quality has gone downhill. And this coming from someone who is running RF P1683s in his Explorer right now, I am removing them for a reason.

Just curious which set up would hit louder, harder, and lower. Either would be pushed by a Kicker KX 800.1. Either would be in a car trunk.

View attachment 23909View attachment 23910
Neither. Get something that is made for loud and low. Head to the big boy arena.

Neither. Get something that is made for loud and low. Head to the big boy arena.

I’ve been out of the sub game some years now... so what are a few brands I should look at for loud and low... 12”

I still say give the X a chance first butttttt are you trying to do a single 12 or dual 10/12 setup?
I'll def give the X a shot... I'm really just doing some research... but IF I did get another sub I don't want to spend more on an amp so it'd have to pair with my Kicker KX 800. My trunk is large so I could go single or dual...12".

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Marve_Lous

That Guy
Marve_Lous
Houston, TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from