2 RF 3112 HX2 Box Problem.

Participant count
  • Participant list

nellystyle22
10+ year member

I have 2 12" RF 3112 HX2, first question are these the best subs RF has to offer. I heard they came out with some new ones. Second, before I didnt know **** I went to hifi buys and they told me to get a sealed box and not ported. Third, I have one memphis 1000d amp, I am getting another this week so I will have 2, 1 going to each sub. Will a ported box really make that much more of a difference. I have a 99 explorer. I think it will still be ****ing loud. i dont want to pay 250 to make a new custom one, but if it is that much better I will. So whats your guys opinion on the box and the best RF sub. Thanks boys.

team rf is the top line of the rockford fosgate subs. For you power 12's i would not recommend sealed i would go with a ported box tuned to 35 hz with about 2.5 cubes of airspace PER sub. And yes a ported will make a BIG diff., rf subs sound a lot better in a properly made ported box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.