2 RE SE's vs 1 RE MX

Participant count
  • Participant list

Tzarm
10+ year member

alright so i need some help from ya'll, been running 2 D4 RE SE's off my AP15001D for half a year now and it gets pretty dam loud in my 04 monte carlo. I ran across a dude selling a 12" D2 RE MX though for a good price so i gave him a call and bought it from him. The question I have for you guys since I dont have a whole ton of experience with the MX's is if I should run the 12" MX off my AP15001D instead of my 2 12" SE's. I would be making my own enclosure for it as well so it would not be a premade. Any opinions here would be great but I'm thinking about switching to the MX and selling my SE's but I wanted to ask ya guys first, thanks!

edit: not sure if this helps but the SE's are from 2007 and the MX is from 2009

If its the old se's it will hand the mx and xxx there asses in every way possible...if its the new chinise re se's it will beat them due to more cone area

so 80, either way the SE's? lol

I didnt care for my MX's much, but if you can throw them in a pretty large box with some port area you may have a winner, but mine were in a smaller box with not alot of port and didnt do well. One American Bass VFL 15 beat four MX 12's with 1/2 the power.... yeah lol, blah.

ok this is helping me a lot, I guess I wish I had a box for the MX right now to be able to see what the difference is. I'm perfectly happy with my SE's but I was thinking the MX with the 4in coil can beat out the 2 SE's. I can fit quite a large box in the trunk of my monte for the MX, i wonder how big it might need to be to outperform the se's, anyways thank ya guys so far

heres a pic i just took next to one of my SE's, I only have my cell phone for a camera so hope this works

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Tzarm

10+ year member
Tzarm
Cleveland, NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from