2 Obsidian 18vs vs 1 DC XL18

Participant count
  • Participant list

bgowdy
5,000+ posts

Heroes are remembered, but legends never die
Ok, so this may come as a funny thread. But there is some reason behind it.

The comparison behind it is this:

2 OA 18s vs 1 DC XL 18

2 18s:

-Smaller size enclosure for each(around 4.6 cube per sub)

-limited bracing/mass do to the amount of space

-single baffle all the way around

-running 3k at them(im pretty sure they will hold it)

1 DC XL-18:

-Will have plenty of room for Enclsoure

-Will have plenty of room for bracing/mass etc

-i have the space to double baffle enclosure

-running 3k at it(i know it will take it and some)

cheers and thanks

So what are you asking ?
which i would be better off with i guess. i can run the 2 18s in a, ill say maybe half decent box due to its size. Or i can run the 1 dc xl18(or another good 18) in box that i will have plenty of room to build, and brace and will be a good overall enclosure.

which i would be better off with i guess. i can run the 2 18s in a, ill say maybe half decent box due to its size. Or i can run the 1 dc xl18(or another good 18) in box that i will have plenty of room to build, and brace and will be a good overall enclosure.
Do 4 12's in an 8 cube box with a **** ton of bracing and port area. Be louder than either choice. Ive read you had 2 15's before, 1 18 wont be as loud as that.

Do 4 12's in an 8 cube box with a **** ton of bracing and port area. Be louder than either choice. Ive read you had 2 15's before, 1 18 wont be as loud as that.
actually i had 1 18" hdc3 18 before the 2-15s and my single 18 was louder then the 15s.....

Well one sub in the correct size box will always be better than 2 subs in a inadequate box[/Q
seeing you sell XL's, i figure you know the ins & out of them. is there a magical amount of port that these like

You can always do sufficient bracing without taking up much volume. All thread doesn't give up much volume obviously, and fiber-glassing the inside of the enclosure

You can always do sufficient bracing without taking up much volume. All thread doesn't give up much volume obviously, and fiber-glassing the inside of the enclosure
yea but without brace the enclosure is already smaller. i cant double baffle anything because im at my dimension maxs in each direction,

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bgowdy

5,000+ posts
Heroes are remembered, but legends never die
bgowdy
Campbellsville, Ky
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date