2 Obsidian 15's vs 1 Stereo Integrity Mag 15" V3? 1200 watts which would be louder?

Participant count
  • Participant list

darren700
10+ year member

got bu/\/\p?
Hello.

Hoping you guys can give me some suggestions.

I just bout a 2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab.

I currently have a 15" Mag V3 in a 3.5 @ 28hz Ported box in my Monte Carlo which is getting sold.

I am transfering my system to the new truck. I would like to stay at the same power level (1200 watts RMS via US Amps MD1).

I am planning on building a new box that has subs forward and port up. The box will be behind the Driver and Center Console.

What would be louder with the same power? 1 15" Mag or 2 15" Obsidians? they were both designed by the same person (nick). I'd imagine the SQ would be very similar but what about SPL due to increased cone area? Will double the cone area actually make a big difference off of the same power?

thanks for any suggestions.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.