2 JL Audio 13 W7.... or 2 15" RE XXX

Participant count
  • Participant list
Ah XXX more sd,power handling,and better sq IMO,so I am sure I could louder with the XXX.That is the answer to ur 2nd question.

Answer to question 1,What kind of power,room,and depending on if u want to buy used price range.U have to look at it this way,One RE XXX will handle more power than 2 W7s.Give us some more info and we will go from there.Personally 2 15" 05 RE XXXs FTW.

I havent heard both. But i do have experience with a 13w7. From what i have gathered on this site i would say the dub7s will sound better but the xxxs will be louder. Although i have heard the new XXXs are rather inefficient

"KnOkIn It 420"....i have a 1999 buick riviera and i have ALOTTT of room in the trunk. so the space is no problem. but the price range for me is up to 5K max. i was thinking of getting 2 15" RE XXX in a 8 cu ft. box tuned at newhere from 35-38 hz. and i would b using the US Amp MD-3d to each of the subs. i'd be getting about 2000w to each sub which is perfect?!?!?! then i'd upgrade my alternator (but idk how high to upgrade it to... help me on this =D) and i'd have about 2 yellow tops.

sorry i also failed to mention that i would like to feed a little more than 2K watts to the XXX.... i would like around 3K, are there any suggestions on what kind of amp would be great? if wired at 1 Ohm?!

sorry i also failed to mention that i would like to feed a little more than 2K watts to the XXX.... i would like around 3K, are there any suggestions on what kind of amp would be great? if wired at 1 Ohm?!

i talk to us amps a while ago and they say that md3d actually has an outpout about 2400. that amp is underrated. i think you will do all right whit that set up.

also there are many options...theres orion hcca 5000d or mmats 3500.1 great amp. small and very eficient.

Both the W7 and XXX have superb SQ. Both are amazing subs. Both will beast out lows like crazy.

XXX will probably win in output. I cant imagine two 15" XXX in one car with 3K watts to each. You will definitely be deaf in a short period of time.

Which would I get?? well, since I have owned a XXX for 3 years, I would prolly go with the JLs just to experience a different sub for a while.

BUT

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.