(2) JL 12W3's what amp???

Participant count
  • Participant list
to be honest .with u..i would put 500watts to each 12....if u really want it to shine...it likes power...i have one 10w3(the old version) on 600watts and it loves it..had it like that for 3years now and it never gave me a problem....so my advise to u..get a orion 1200d..and watch your gains...and depending on your box..u should be knocking

**** u were runnin 600 to it adn it never blew

**** thats good i got like maybe 450 goin to mine now it sounds real nice never gets distorted, any ideas where to get a ported box

i would advise against getting a 1200D for them. not only is that a significant amount of power over RMS, but Orions are underrated, so youll get more than 1200w. i say its too risky

i sure did and it didnt skip a beat...no voice coil smell..or any sign of stress

u just have to watch your gaind and send it clean power

as far as a box..i recommend making your own...i'll design on for u..but u have to make your own....or have have someone make it for u..i can reffer u to some people that make pretty good boxes

i would advise against getting a 1200D for them. not only is that a significant amount of power over RMS, but Orions are underrated, so youll get more than 1200w. i say its too risky
your right about orion being underated...but to be honest..u have to consider box imp rise and that plays a role as well

why?

u would do it becuz of thermal reasons or mechanical reasons

keep in mind we dont know his electrical system....

we dont know if he has a extra batt or if he did the big 3 or even a ho alt!

the elect. is stock im prob gonna be gettin a extra batt. or prob a nice size capaciter or howeer u spell it, so wuts the story on the amp

why?u would do it becuz of thermal reasons or mechanical reasons

keep in mind we dont know his electrical system....

we dont know if he has a extra batt or if he did the big 3 or even a ho alt!

i dont know how durable those subs are, but id hafta say both. i dont think they could handle 600+ w each

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.