2 HDC3 15's with DUAL Vertical kerf port

I will send over my info in a few...

As for a wall...well i would do around 8.5-9.5ft3 with a large amount of port area.

Is that your adds on craigslist I see from time to time lol

BTW- I'm buying a CNC very very soon and picking up a new location(in OKC or Yukon not sure which yet) so if you need something custom done that is a pita with basic tools just hit me up.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

I've only posted up once in Craigslist, but i noticed there's someone else who looked like they copied and pasted my add and added their number. Haha. Since my customer base is mainly in Kansas, i'm trying to get some business down here around Stillwater while i'm going to school for a little extra money.

I modeled a box in BassBox Pro that was 9 cubes with 216 sq in of port tuned to 36 hz. Peaked at 38 and had an F3 at 30.8, so should be decently musical.

This guy is coming up in a couple hours to let me hear this setup, so i'll get back on what i think it can do on the meter.

And yeah, if i need anything that a good old jig saw and router can't accomplish i'll hit you up. Last time i used a CNC was in high school, and it made making a 2 18" box with 4 6" aero ports SSOOO easy. Haha.

I've only posted up once in Craigslist, but i noticed there's someone else who looked like they copied and pasted my add and added their number. Haha. Since my customer base is mainly in Kansas, i'm trying to get some business down here around Stillwater while i'm going to school for a little extra money.
I modeled a box in BassBox Pro that was 9 cubes with 216 sq in of port tuned to 36 hz. Peaked at 38 and had an F3 at 30.8, so should be decently musical.

This guy is coming up in a couple hours to let me hear this setup, so i'll get back on what i think it can do on the meter.
Why so high? Or do I just like my lows?

HDC3's model better if you have 3 or more. But with only 1 or 2 they are very peaky around the tuning frequency. The roll off with 3 or more is a lot more gradual. Lowering to tuning only decreases the peak, it doesn't really move the response much lower. I put in a 28 hz tune just for fun, and it was a very flat response, but didn't help the low end much. A smaller port would help more though, but he's mainly interested in being very loud, while being able to play most music. No Decaf unfortunately. Haha.

And yeah, if i need anything that a good old jig saw and router can't accomplish i'll hit you up. Last time i used a CNC was in high school, and it made making a 2 18" box with 4 6" aero ports SSOOO easy. Haha.
CNC's are amazing tools for sure. It is part of the plan for us to offer some shops around here a new option for "prefab" enclosures. I have a few contracts already, just waiting on me to pull the $$$ trigger on getting one.

As for modeling them, those programs are ok for a basis of what it "may" do, but a wall is a whole new beast. lol

Yeah. It's nice to be able to see a "general" response curve, but like you said, it's hard to judge what it will actually do.

I have a single cab truck with a 2 10's tuned to 38 hz, yet it can play all the way down to 24 (can do a 142.1 at 24hz).

Buck: His old setup was 2 Kicker L7 15's, and he says even with only about 500 watts per sub, they are already louder and sound a ton better than the Kickers (not hard to do. Haha). I think he's aiming for mid to high 40's after he gets a second 2200. I honestly don't see him having a problem doing at least a 145, but we'll see about that 149. Haha.

He did a great job on the box. Has a pretty flat response. Can't wait to get it metered. And to start on the wall. Easily in the low to mid 40s. And it isn't very peaky at all, to anyone wondering.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.