• Participant list

SounDrive
Pro Seller

www.soundrive.audio
Lebanon, TN
1. Product:

2 DD 99Za 15s - please read description section

2. Specs:

Munch lound. Did a 155.7 outlaw in my Tahoe on a HD10k, zero testing, only front doors deadened.

These are the very first gen of 99Z made. They have a tighter gap and lighter coil than the newer 99Z seen in Craig Butler's van and the Z3. They won't handle the same power (they still handle a ton on burps and a decent amount on music) but they are SUPER efficient.

As far as I know, these are two out of three functional 99Za motors in the USA. There is a fourth floating around with a misaligned motor rebuilt for a sound quality build. The guy with the third won't sell his, I've tried many times.

In DB Drag europe, one of the older extreme vehicles back in 05-06 put a JBL Crown 6k on a single one of these subs for two full tilt, back to back 5 minute deathmatch runs without a break during testing. It got warm, but not hot, and no coil smell.

3. Description/Condition:

One sub is built, one is a motor + composite cone + carbon dustcap (and basket if you want it for some reason). The parts in the built sub are from February 07 and pretty worn out, as well as a nicely darkened coil.

BOTH WILL NEED RECONES (although the built one is still in my vehicle playing just fine). DD quoted me $220 each including return shipping for recones as long as I stayed with 15s and sent in the dust caps and cones. This includes the new style baskets too. They can be reconed to any size but it will cost quite a bit more unless you swap to a paper cone.

The paint is coming off in places. There are minor chips in the neo, but nothing that affects performance as seen with the scores they put up with 8 year old soft parts.

4. Price: :

$2000 FIRM picked up for both. I would rather not ship but for the right price I'll consider it.

I will not separate these because they are extremely rare and I'd like the same person to be able to have both.

5. Pictures:

5mz2hy.jpg

fx8htu.jpg

d9t3q.jpg

qpm8nr.jpg

2vv515v.jpg

You should send them to Tantric for recones. I hear that works great.

Seriously, though, very nice platform and great price. GLWS and a free bump.
Thanks.

I really don't understand why people put non-original parts in these. They work amazing with DD parts, and if you contact them they'll give you pretty good price on recones. Most people just assume they're astronomically high but they aren't.

Thanks.
I really don't understand why people put non-original parts in these. They work amazing with DD parts, and if you contact them they'll give you pretty good price on recones. Most people just assume they're astronomically high but they aren't.
Agreed. For what you're getting with OEM you can't really source them yourself for much less and performance will be a crapshoot. Very much wish I could justify 2K, but this is going to be a tight year for me saving up for some big capital equipment for the farm.

I most certainly will if I sit on them for a while. You can't expect subs like these to sell instantly. The price is very in line with what they're worth
Not shipping weeds out most potential buyers.

Also, you're asking 2/3 the price of brand new Z 3's.

Yes, they're rare and a valuable collector's piece to the right person. Yes, they've got a tight gap and are SQ oriented.

Hopefully you find that collector. If not, you'll be sitting on them forever with a firm price tag.

I'm not trying to bash you, I really do like the subs. I'm just saying it'll be tough to get what they're worth to you

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.