2 DD 1510 box build, stnd cab truck for audiopulse88

Participant count
  • Participant list

da box king
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Portland, MI
Box was designed by mobious, specs are I believe 2.8 cubes tuned to 38 hz, enjoy;)...not a lot of pics but you get he idea.

heres just a few pics....turned out well, kept me busy for the weekend

bbox6.jpg

bbox1.jpg

bbox2.jpg

bbox3.jpg

bbox4.jpg

bbox5.jpg

bbox6.jpg

box turned out very well, and fits nicely, but we are not happy with the output of the 1510 t's, they are the new shorter mounting depth. We are running them off a vfl 100.1 and gain set accordingly, no clipping, but the subs just cant take it, and the output is not there...guess we were expectin more from all the hype. My 2 12" w3 off 400 watts in my trailblazer were louder:crap:

any suggestion too, and comments on the box:)

Nice box, but 3.8 cubes is way too much for those subs. I think 2.75 cubes for both would sound much better and allow them to handle way more power.

give them some time to break in, i have a 1508 that took forever to breakin. at first is sounded like ass but now is quite impressive and takes power from an mtx81000d with ease.

how much port do you have?

the box came out very nice by the way.

give them some time to break in, i have a 1508 that took forever to breakin. at first is sounded like ass but now is quite impressive and takes power from an mtx81000d with ease.how much port do you have?

the box came out very nice by the way.
they have about 10 hours on em so far, once the passanger seat was put back in the lows were better, but still not happy

and thx btw:)

why'd you port it to the drivers side? Looks great though
cuz he's 6' 3" and we can move the passanger seat forward, and not effect his comfort. The subs needed excursion room, so passanger side was more appropriate

Give them some time. They will get better //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Maybe the port location has something to do with it though.

cuz he's 6' 3" and we can move the passanger seat forward, and not effect his comfort. The subs needed excursion room, so passanger side was more appropriate
I kinda figured that. Usually port towards passenger side is the best for single cabs. This could just be something that more time and tuning can fix.

Give them some time. They will get better //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
x2

^^^ my 1508 had near 20 hours on it before it got where it needed to be. if you have the room, you could try a plexi loading wall which will help with the power handeling.

yeah we will give them more time...already lookin for more options

there is plenty of breathin room for the port. Still with 1200- 1500 rms.... should be louder. DD gave some input on tuning,we will just give it time

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.