2 channels to one speaker?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a Pioneer 6000 head unit, putting out 45 watts to 4 channels. The only speakers i'll be powering off of the receiver itself are a pair of 6.5" Pioneers. Would it be feasible/possible to combine the front and rear channels to give 90 watts to each speaker? Would this do any damage to anything if i did? Would it **** volts like no tomorrow?

Thanks,

-Chloro

Don't wire your head unit speaker outputs together. A head unit is not designed to be bridged so if you do it, it will either have no output or will almost instantly fry your head unit. If you want more power your only option is to install an amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

I would try a pair of Bass Blockers on the rear speakers. I always place them on Coax. speakers generally, Should help quite a bit I like PAC ones...
As title. Once i get to about 4/5 max volume my JL HD600/4 amp goes into protection mode on 2 channels, powering my mids. The other 2 channels...
Dammned good speakers. Just pass up the CL series,and you will be pleased with CDT speakers. I still enjoy all mine. Polk MM series and Infinity...
Yes. Only thing is the leads will be encased in resin. Keep in mind that this is an assumption.
I agree with every one above. OFC is much better. Copper is a much better conductor than aluminum.

About this thread

ChloroFiend

ChloroFiend
Iowa State University
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
JWH