2 amps w/ 4 total channels; but only two subs...

Participant count
  • Participant list

bigbootyjj

I made an online Amazon order mistake. I bought two amps which I thought allowed me to bridge into singular amps each but both of them don't, hence, now I have two Class D amps - each supplying two channels = 4 total channel = too much!!! Here's a link them: MMA2000.1D | Autotek

So here's my options: 1.) I can use just one of them, which - once wiring properly and playing at 1 ohm should be rather powerful and I may like it OR 2.) Dually power both and wire both speakers "twice" i.e. once with each amp's identical channel to separate speaker - if that makes sense.

Let me explain: With the speaker wire, apply a separate (+) and (-) from each of the two 2000.1D amps' channels to the box's outlets' so they coincide respectfully...so it dually wires both amps to both speakers. Note: the speakers in the box with be wired 1ohm each and the amp's low is 1ohm as well.

I hope the explanation above is understandable. But basically it is the exact same amp with the same power output along with it's "other" same channel powering the other speaker in the box. Make sense? Well, If there are any ideas on where I should go from here before I do any wiring I'm willing to listen. Thanks.

Those are mono amps. They are only 1 channel each. You can't wire both subs to 1 ohm if each sub is 1 ohm. Are you talking about strapping the amps? What subs do you have so we can clarify the best option

@ pickup1 -> the link I supplied was wrong....completely my fault (sorry). Here is the actual link to the 4000.1D which I purchased two of: MMA4000.1D | Autotek It has TWO 70 watt fuses.

@ garychoffman -> I will be using 2, 12" 2 ohm Lanzar Die-Cast Aluminum Alloy Cone Subwoofers. I was planning on wiring them parallel (independently) to bring then each to 1 ohm. I was not talking about "strapping" as I looked it up just now on YouTube and nobody explained it well at all. I was thinking about using both amps I purchased as bests as possible and if "strapping" applies I'd be interested to consider and learn more about...

My original thoughts would probably be best said as powering both amps and just independently "double wiring" both subs from the proper Right and Left channel's (+) and (-) so there is not distortion...if that make sense.

@ pickup1 -> the link I supplied was wrong....completely my fault (sorry). Here is the actual link to the 4000.1D which I purchased two of: MMA4000.1D | Autotek It has TWO 70 watt fuses.
@ garychoffman -> I will be using 2, 12" 2 ohm Lanzar Die-Cast Aluminum Alloy Cone Subwoofers. I was planning on wiring them parallel (independently) to bring then each to 1 ohm. I was not talking about "strapping" as I looked it up just now on YouTube and nobody explained it well at all. I was thinking about using both amps I purchased as bests as possible and if "strapping" applies I'd be interested to consider and learn more about...

My original thoughts would probably be best said as powering both amps and just independently "double wiring" both subs from the proper Right and Left channel's (+) and (-) so there is not distortion...if that make sense.

Those amps are a mono block meaning 1ch... your subs are d2 so u can wire each amp to 1 sub and have each amp at 1ohm. Those amps weigh 10lbs and will prly do 1000watts max clean...

Hi Hertz Mafia. Yeah I have that option according to the instructions as they are compatible of being mono (just wiring one channel) and was just looking to get the "bang-for-the-buck." When I bought them I (stupidly) thought they would both have the bridge option. I guess my question here is, because they offer dual channel - see picture below - should I return the other or still just run a single channel per amp to get a single channel per amp? Or as I originally thought double-up the wiring to the speakers?

4000.1D%20amp_zpsvsnbmw5l.jpg.html

link: http://s304.photobucket.com/user/JohnnyAnonymous75/media/4000.1D%20amp_zpsvsnbmw5l.jpg.html

Another way to say it is, if I run only a single channel per amp, will it be worth it over just running both channels on one of the amps alone? I question this because there is NOT a bridged switch option anywhere. Again, here is the link to the two I purchased.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Hertz Mafia. Yeah I have that option according to the instructions as they are compatible of being mono (just wiring one channel) and was just looking to get the "bang-for-the-buck." When I bought them I (stupidly) thought they would both have the bridge option. I guess my question here is, because they offer dual channel - see picture below - should I return the other or still just run a single channel per amp to get a single channel per amp? Or as I originally thought double-up the wiring to the speakers?
4000.1D%20amp_zpsvsnbmw5l.jpg.html

Another way to say it is, if I run only a single channel per amp, will it be worth it over just running both channels on one of the amps alone? I question this because there is NOT a bridged switch option anywhere. Again, here is the link to the two I purchased.

Use both amps. Wire one amp to one woofer. Each woofer is d2 so u wire each amp to 1ohm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.