2 amps to one speaker?

Tanaman
10+ year member

If I'm wrong I deserve to be dogged out but I just had an idea that might work. If you wanted to get more power out of your speakers couldn't you wire up not only your amp but also your HU's speaker outputs to the speakers? Or would the two different potentials go hay-wire?

All I know is, I'm not going to blow none of my equipment up to be the first one to try it. ANybody done this or know what their talking about?

If I'm wrong I deserve to be dogged out but I just had an idea that might work. If you wanted to get more power out of your speakers couldn't you wire up not only your amp but also your HU's speaker outputs to the speakers? Or would the two different potentials go hay-wire? All I know is, I'm not going to blow none of my equipment up to be the first one to try it. ANybody done this or know what their talking about?
Just to clear this up, speakers do not put out power they produce sound pressure, amplifiers produce a form of AC power to drive the speakers magnetic motor..

If I'm wrong I deserve to be dogged out but I just had an idea that might work. If you wanted to get more power out of your speakers couldn't you wire up not only your amp but also your HU's speaker outputs to the speakers? Or would the two different potentials go hay-wire? All I know is, I'm not going to blow none of my equipment up to be the first one to try it. ANybody done this or know what their talking about?
dont do it. the only way to hook 2 amps to 1 speaker is to have the same 2 amps and have them strapped. also, your hu doesnt put out much power anyway so you wouldnt get a gain

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

it's bad enough to try to bridge HU channels.

Trying to combine an external amp and hu speaker output would be certain death for the HU. The HU would be seen as a low impedance load to the amp -- guess who's gonna win.

dont do it. the only way to hook 2 amps to 1 speaker is to have the same 2 amps and have them strapped. also, your hu doesnt put out much power anyway so you wouldnt get a gain
incorrect. you do not need to have the same 2 amps. they do not need to be strapped. As long as you got a DVC sub or QVC sub you can. If running 2 amps, 1 per coil you should gain match so they both are putting out the same.

**you can and probably will damage your headunit output stages and may also damage the sub or amp depending if your hooking up to SVC or DVC sub.**

U don't need 2 amps on one sub it's just dumb to try it will kill the sub fast the only way you want to amps is 2 or more subs
Well I must be dumb, cause your incorrect also. Do you have proof of your theory? Cause it is wrong.

See my reply above.

You think I am wrong, I can prove my point just go to termpro.com and ask around.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.