2 amps 2 dvc and 1 cap

Participant count
  • Participant list
Take the wire coming from the battery and the ground and put them in a distro block. Then put the ground and power to each amp. And power each sub with one amp.

i do if the cap isn't on there. How do i wire it with the cap and how could i test the subs to see if they are equally powered?

The subs will share the power equally from the mono block (As shown in your siggy).

The cap- just hook the positive terminal to the positive power line then ground the negative terminal where the amps are grounded. Think of it as a water pressure tank that you want to add to the main water line before the faucet.

No stereo system "needs" a cap, what makes you think that it is absolutely necessary?, has someone been wispering filthy lies in your ear?.

you are looking at my current systems.......i dont have that amp anymore. i have two other amps and i want to hook one amp to each speaker and also have the cap ........or no cap ......

no cap....it just puts pressure on your battery...a big three and a good alt and your all set there mang...

um i think you can test the subs to see if they are equally powered with a DMM...i dont really know

You find the loudest gain setting before the sub starts sounding shitty do the same for the other amp.

Now take a Digital Multimeter set to AC voltage to ensure each amp has the same output.

Disconnect the subs from the amps, unplug the RCA's going to your mids and tweets.

Play a 50 hz test tone on repeat, the stereo's volume should be at its maximum normal listening level that you use (not turned up to maximum).

Connect the sensor probes to the bridged channel of one of the amps, the DMM will show a voltage, now you want the second amp to have that exact same voltage output, so you pause the HU (to avoid shorting the speaker terminals) and connect the leads to the second amp, unpause the HU, a voltage will show on the second amp, ajust the second amps gain so that the speaker output voltage is the same as the first amp.

Now reconnect the subs to each amp and go for a little drive to listen to them, if they sound like they have too much or too little power just repeat the same steps above with a higher or lower voltage depending on what you want.

Note -with the RCA outputs on todays modern Head Units its rare to ever need to turn the amplifiers gain sensitivty higher than 50% of max, if you turn your gain sensitivty much higher then it needs to be you risk overpowering your speakers and damaging the voicecoils, and make the music from the amp distort as well.

You can use the cap if you want, it wont hurt anything, they are just not the magical things that people claim them to be.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.