2 Alpine Types R 12" or 2 SKAR 12"

njknittle
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
PA
I cureently have two alpine types rs with 500rms each. I was looking around and found these SKAR subwoofers and they put out 600rms. Dont really know of thise brand but, would you stay with the alpines or go to the SKARS. Oh and btw, my alpine are DVC 4ohms and the SKARS ARE DVC 2ohms.

skars are gonna wreck the SA's when it comes to lows but the SA's will be louder in the high 30's low 40's range...not to say they can't drop low but the skars were designed to dig deep. SA's will also take more power but with a 1000w amp that wont really matter

this thread makes me lol.

its all in tunning the skars and sa series both play really low and sound good. if there is a authorised sundown dealer in ur area go give them a listen if not order the skars...

Im sorry folks but youll hate me for thise. But let me add one more brand into the competition. How about two RE SEx12" (600w)? Do they compare to Skar and SD?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.