2 18s under window in explorer?

Lil Poot
5,000+ posts

you sturrin at me brah?
Wichita KS
Here's my dilemma. I need as much air movement as I can get without walling, and staying under the window line in a 98 4 door exploder.

I'm shying away from 4 12s because I don't want to have to buy that much more power.

Between 2 18s 3 15s, with 5-6kw, what's going to be my best bet for a piss loud daily car that can swap ports and hopefully burp 155 on the glass.

Here's my dilemma. I need as much air movement as I can get without walling, and staying under the window line in a 98 4 door exploder.
I'm shying away from 4 12s because I don't want to have to buy that much more power.

Between 2 18s 3 15s, with 5-6kw, what's going to be my best bet for a piss loud daily car that can swap ports and hopefully burp 155 on the glass.
Expecting much over heating? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

6k is not that bad for 4 12's! are you planning on competing? 18's dont play the higher notes as well as the 12's would.if I remember right the exploders are playing the mid to high 50hrtz. now if you want something to play low's like crazy go for a couple 18's

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I would tinker around with enclosures first and then see what your best bet would be then.

6k is not that bad for 4 12's! are you planning on competing? 18's dont play the higher notes as well as the 12's would.if I remember right the exploders are playing the mid to high 50hrtz. now if you want something to play low's like crazy go for a couple 18's
I do plan on competing, that's why I want it under the window line. Why wouldn't 18s play higher notes?

I want both, by way of swappable ports. Loud on music, as in 154 on the glass under 40 Hz and 155 legal burps with the higher port.

My current box was designed for music, its 12 cubes net @ 37 Hz. Legal, windows up on the dash, I peak at 36 Hz and 40 Hz outlaw.

Can I go with a port up design and still be ridiculous on music? I'm probably going to stay with the audioques and add power, they seem to want more.

18's dont play the higher notes as well as the 12's would.if I remember right the exploders are playing the mid to high 50hrtz. now if you want something to play low's like crazy go for a couple 18's
I'm gonna have to call Alan Dante and tell him his single 18" playing 78hz is all wrong.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.