(2) 15" sub box build in the back of a 2007 dodge caliber. 7.55 cubic feet. help?

joe913
10+ year member

heres the box i am hopefully plan on building as soon as i can get an okay from someone who knows what there doing haha. i plan on putting it in the back of my 2007 dodge caliber. i have a total of 7.55 cubic feet. the port is 24" X 2" X 6" long. *hopefully* tuned to 33hz. i am new at this, so just need some help on everything. i had something similer to this posted up, but it changed to much *thanks to you guys* that i thought i would start a new thread. let me know what you guys think, if you can give me the "OK" to start the build.

View attachment 26525945View attachment 26525946

View attachment 26525947View attachment 26525948

I have never used WINisd before. I use Torres Box Calculator usually which seems to be pretty accurate. Your tuning might be correct but you only have like a little over 6 square inches of port per cube when you should be going for something like 13-17 square inches of port per cube.

That is the most jacked up, cockameme lookin' design I've ever seen, it's way too complicated, and it doesn't have to be, especially for being a simple ported box.

I'd just bite the bullet and get a box designed for you by someone who's got lots of experience

That is the most jacked up, cockameme lookin' design I've ever seen, it's way too complicated, and it doesn't have to be, especially for being a simple ported box.
I'd just bite the bullet and get a box designed for you by someone who's got lots of experience
the only reason its shaped like this, is because if i went with just a rectangular box, i would have close to 4 cubic feet too use because the shape of my trunk and hatch. this way im getting 7.7 cubic feet of space instead of ~4.

doesnt look easy to fit in the trunk. I believe I have the same trunk as you with a 2007 charger. I went with (2) 12s a good 270amp alternator and a lot of power becaues I could barely fit one 15 in the trunk with like 5.5 cu after displacement but that box got stuck going in the trunk so I had to use the router to take off all outside edges to 45s and a wood rasp to wear off more material in certain places to wedge it in the trunk. dont forget to take your weatherstripping off the trunk before wedging your box in so you dont tear it up.

I would try for (2) 12s or (1) 18 unless you want an undersized dual 15 box. My next box will be for (1) 18 it might be a little undersized but Ill make up for it in power. going to try to upfire from the back of the trunk and port forward into car with seats down.

doesnt look easy to fit in the trunk. I believe I have the same trunk as you with a 2007 charger. I went with (2) 12s a good 270amp alternator and a lot of power becaues I could barely fit one 15 in the trunk with like 5.5 cu after displacement but that box got stuck going in the trunk so I had to use the router to take off all outside edges to 45s and a wood rasp to wear off more material in certain places to wedge it in the trunk. dont forget to take your weatherstripping off the trunk before wedging your box in so you dont tear it up.
I would try for (2) 12s or (1) 18 unless you want an undersized dual 15 box. My next box will be for (1) 18 it might be a little undersized but Ill make up for it in power. going to try to upfire from the back of the trunk and port forward into car with seats down.
Calibers are hatches, by the way. I doubt they have the same "trunk" as your Charger.

photo.php

=/=

2010-dodge-charger-trunk_100234718_l.jpg

I know a guy that put two re xxx 18s sealed and it sounded good just not on the meter. He eventually just went to 1 18 ported it did better on the meter and moved about as much air. Btw these car rattle like a mofo I'd drop a good bit of change in sound deadener before the sub my .02

Honestly, you'd be better off going with a pair of 12's. Or, you could take out the rear seats and do a monster box.
I think im going to go with the 15s, more or less just for the bragging rights. they should sound a bit better then equivalent 12s. ive seen 2 12s in a caliber, but i havent seen a ported 2 15s box before in a caliber lol.

I know a guy that put two re xxx 18s sealed and it sounded good just not on the meter. He eventually just went to 1 18 ported it did better on the meter and moved about as much air. Btw these car rattle like a mofo I'd drop a good bit of change in sound deadener before the sub my .02
haha i have 2 12s in a sealed box right now in mine, and it already rattlse a bit lol. im defitnally going to invest in some kind of sound deadener somewhere down the line lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.