2 15"s-4ft3 ???

They model up pretty bad in small sealed on winISD ... all the Fosgate's around that time like bigger boxes and these are made by Fosgate so... That's why shyed away from getting a pair to run sealed
Winisd is not the end all be all and I think soundeasy is a much better version. Plus winisd only tries to find the f3 flat response at .707. The problem with winisd is that it fails to take in account we are in a car and there are many issues like transfer function that have to be taken in effect. That's why many company go with a smaller response of .8 to 1 in there sealed enclosures because in a car the sub tends to then get to low of an extension and sound bloated. Also sealed enclosures size changes are notas detrimental. The f3 raises with with small box and so it gains effeciency with upper notes and power gain. But generally compliment the cabin gain of a car in a sealed box. But winisd beta cannot compute that.

The mb q 352 will work wonders in that 1.5 sealed, i have one on my home theatre in that sealed box. Had it in the car, impressive, would have had two in the car if they would have fit. If you want two 15's and are limited on space, you will not regret these in that 3 cuft sealed.

Winisd is not the end all be all and I think soundeasy is a much better version. Plus winisd only tries to find the f3 flat response at .707. The problem with winisd is that it fails to take in account we are in a car and there are many issues like transfer function that have to be taken in effect. That's why many company go with a smaller response of .8 to 1 in there sealed enclosures because in a car the sub tends to then get to low of an extension and sound bloated. Also sealed enclosures size changes are notas detrimental. The f3 raises with with small box and so it gains effeciency with upper notes and power gain. But generally compliment the cabin gain of a car in a sealed box. But winisd beta cannot compute that.

Hmm.

I know my cars cabin gain, have it wrote down some where. Lol. Maybe I will go with a pair of the quarts. I can get about 4.2 cuft in my trunk...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

It happens

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
It happens
MN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date