2 15" HC + JBL 1200.1 = Goodbye back window in hatchback?

Silica
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I was just wondering, does anyone know if im gonna blow my back window out in my acura intergra hatch back. I got the 2 15's like 6 inches away from the back window, they are poitning right at it. 600rms a sub do you think thats gonna create enough pressure to demo that window?? Im hoping not but you never know.

Tim

Well, I have my 2 15s in my 88 Civic Hatchback facing the window and it is fine. I had them running hard for a year now, I never had a problem.

And trust me they do hit, but then again I do have my amp turned down and my crossover //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I think you should be ok, as long as you play them moderately and not too excessively.

3 12s are pushing it but you have to think before you put soemthing in because you do not want to spend more fixing your car than you do on your system.... especially because of repairs needed to your car from your system...

When I had my ported power hx2 12 in my integra, the back window was vibrating pretty hard. It was scary...

I can't imagine what 2 15's will do back there.

Yeah port and subs right at the window.. I gotta feelings its gonna fly out or break.. Im running 100 watts maybe between the two subs cause i need some bass lol, and i can vibrate pop cans off the roof of my car... its rediculous, and the back windshield washer vibrates so hard its getting air bouncing off my window.

blew the hatch to my explorer open the other day, ****ed up the whole locking mechanism from 4 12's 2500 watts each..

jesus.. i still only hit 159s.. audiocontroll..

not worth the variable.. sticking with 2 and 158s.. i think there is something about the geometry of my truck that isnt allowing for more sound *(at least thats what im telling my girl so i can buy a excursion)*

Everyone that sits in my car, is like guy thats tooo much bass... the 2 15's havn't blown the window out yet but when i have all the windows up, the whole car flexes like theres no tomorrow, looking at yourself in the reflection of the window, and it destortes hardcore..

hey speaking of flexing like the inside of a school bus has that metal **** on there and its pretty **** tight do u think like if it was a demo setup for shows and stuff would all that steel or whatever the **** it is would cause less flexing making it the ultimate SPL vehicle....a school bus...that would be crazy

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.