2 12's vs 1 13.5''

Well since no one actually answered you, let me just say this: the JL would probably die of laughter at being given this challenge.

1-ported is always louder than sealed [unless you make a seriously messed up box]

2- sony xplod is garbage. period.

3- WHAT is full watts ? explain

i vote sonys. big ass box prolly about 8 cubes per sub with a hole cut in the side that will do for a port

if you put the 13w7 in a ported box then the jl would win by a long shot and not sound like crap

by the way.. that jl is a $500+ plus sub. why are you comparing it to a $50 sub??

if you put the 13w7 in a ported box then the jl would win by a long shot and not sound like crapby the way.. that jl is a $500+ plus sub. why are you comparing it to a $50 sub??
he probably has the sony and a friend the jl

1-ported is always louder than sealed [unless you make a seriously messed up box]2- sony xplod is garbage. period.

3- WHAT is full watts ? explain
It's a rule of thumb, but I can think of many many instances where this isn't true. It's all down to what the speaker likes //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

the sony...yes they are budget...severe budget at that but they can be loud for $50 each
It won't even be close. The sonys have less than 25% more cone area as it is, and assuming 3db is gained from porting, they still won't be close due to the Vd, which if someone doesn't know is Sd*Xmax (cone area x stroke). The W7 has many MANY times more Xmax than the sonys will have. That speaker moves over 30mm one-way, while the xplods might manage 10. This really isn't even a contest.

Well since no one actually answered you, let me just say this: the JL would probably die of laughter at being given this challenge.
x2

This is sad. This reminds me of the time back in high school. I was stopped on the street by a guy who had the old box style chevy blazer who thought he was beating louder than anybody around with 4 sony 12's off 2 sony amps. I had just upgraded from noob status myself but had enough knowledge to know this guy was a dumb@ss. I was running 2 kicker CVX 15's off the Hifonics brutus 2006d amp with 2 prefab ported boxes.

This idiot pulls up and gives me the "my system aint loud" sign which consists of your thumb and pointer fingers held close together as if you're hold a pea. So I pull up to a gas station and we step out and exchange pleasantries. He tells me that he thinks he's louder than me, so I said prove it. He turns his system up and his "boyz" are jumping around acting like his **** is beating and there is no chance for me. Lol it wasnt even close! He opens up the back hatch, looks at me and says, "So, what chu think?" (He's a fake wanna-be gangter white boy BTW) This idiot had 1 ported box and 1 sealed box stacked on top of eachother pointing to the back. Man, I busted out laughing and then turned my system up. I had the gas station roof and windows vibrating and the look on his dumb@ss face...priceless! His boyz instantly stopped jumpin around and had that same dumb@ss looks on their faces. Sent that b!tch home with his tale between his legs and his pride badly wounded.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jordan572

10+ year member
jordan572
minnesota
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from