2-12's Sundown Audio ZV4 Rev2 Box (D1's)

lsvtec

CA
I'm trying to see what's the best box option for the 2 subs? I currently am running 1 atm. But will be looking to build a box to fit my small Acura Integra .. what cf3 should I be lookin for with these subs? runing a dc 5k. Don't plan on walling my subs as I will need it as a daily.

5cubes and a low tune. My little Zv4 proto really did well on the lows. I would use aero ports to save on space if you can.
Would he be better off with a large aeroport vs a slotted port/sound better, more than likely louder?

He'll see and read this so he'll have some options.

Would he be better off with a large aeroport vs a slotted port/sound better, more than likely louder?
He'll see and read this so he'll have some options.
Port is port my dude.

Having an external aero port he would save on space and have wayyy more room in the chamber. Just consider this is going in a trunk of an acura...

6cubes with 70” of port tuned to 28hz //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif
In the trunk of an Acura Integra.....which I would imagine is small as OP stated, prob too big.

Yeah I got ya just wondering if there was a sound difference between aeroport and reg slot port.
oh I thought you were being you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

I've ran both but can't really say one is better. The time I did run aeros was when I went from a slot port box tuned @ 36 to a box with aeros tuned at 30 so it's not really a valid comparison with the diff tunes.

I will say there is a group of people in this community that stand by aeros claiming better SQ.

I wish I went with a big *** aero port with my setup, but thats because of my extremely limited space.

oh I thought you were being you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif
I've ran both but can't really say one is better. The time I did run aeros was when I went from a slot port box tuned @ 36 to a box with aeros tuned at 30 so it's not really a valid comparison with the diff tunes.

I will say there is a group of people in this community that stand by aeros claiming better SQ.

I wish I went with a big *** aero port with my setup, but thats because of my extremely limited space.
No... lol. Tryna stay calm, relaxed, no arguments for petes sake on the forum...Was actually being serious, since the only aeroport I have is for my HT sub. Buuuuuuuuuut that's nowhere near car audio //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

We put two 12” zv4s in a older 98 malibu and a 02 boniville. The Malibu did 149db at 32hz with a 3500watt... the boniville did a 151.8db at 28hz with 8k... just nasty sounding for two 12s. Wind tunnel for days

Yea the vehicle is small, it would be hard to place 2 batteries if I were to build a big one.. gotta design measure where and how to do it now. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/highhorse.gif.6bbb570c3f53dc0dcce8a2b8ad05cf11.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.