2 12" type-R or 1 15" Fi Q

by the looks of your sig,

new sub amp, i doubt that profile does rated power, and for good bass you need lots of power.

Probably the Q.. sounds alot better.

+ everyone and their mom's have Type R's...Then again a ton of people have Q's too.

by the looks of your sig,
new sub amp, i doubt that profile does rated power, and for good bass you need lots of power.
sorry sigs not up to date. i sold the profile and got a bxi1608 like i metioned in my first post.

what about loud wise? which would perform better with the amp provided?

if i were to get the 2 12's and put around 650rms each

or

1 15Q and put 1300rms on it.

i've just heard so many good things about both that i cannot decide on which to get.

I would go with the R's. More cone area, and when in the correct install, sound good and get very loud.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I would go with the R's. More cone area, and when in the correct install, sound good and get very loud.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
i'd agree on the loud part. they get plenty loud. the Q will sound better though. it's not really a fair comparison.

i'm leaning more towards the Q just because it handles more power. but then again the R's i have heard get really loud. this is a harder choice than i thought it would be lol.

edit: how are the R's at the low end?

i think an R would be louder with the right install, and they can take more than 650, some people push like 1000 wrms i believe... it just wont sound like a Q

The Q though, ah the Q will get plenty loud of 1000watts and sound hella good while doing it, with a good install of course

are Q's punchy or more on the rumbler side?

this is going to be a daily setup btw.

when i decide on what i will get i will put em in a 4.5^3 @32hz

:]

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.