2 12" MT's Box Suggestions?!

I would like to see a build log for this //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I miss my 18" mt's . . . They loved the lows so I wouldnt expect anything less from these. . .

you can run 2 6'' in a 4cube box. give ya 14si per cube
1 6" should be fine and give you 7.065 in per cube which is fine for aeros or do 3 4" and get 9.42 either should work just fine.

Dont believe me? The poster on top of me has 2 6" for 8 cubes. Remember aeros are different from regular ports.

I've tried to use to little port like you suggested. It gives you a tighter response, but lacks in spl and I really want this to be an efficient box.

There will be a build log soon enough. I'm going to make it out of 1" birtch with a triple baffle and flushmount on the top and like I'm saying I think 2 6" aero's. They will be mostly out of the box because it's an SUV with plenty of room. I want the box to be pretty so I'm probably going to roundover and stain or if that goes poorly I'll just paint it.

Thanks for the insights... Keep them coming.

Why not go slot?
That's an option...... But I'm looking to do something visually pleasing and slots just don't do it for me(No pun intended).

I could get a shitload of port area and a low tuning pretty easily if I did that. And I would save $120 on Aero's... I'll keep it in mind. I can't start anything until I find a place to get birch .

Well i suppose if you want sloppy base than go ahead. I dunno tho, hell i think what i currently have at the moment is a bit sloppy. Im not sure about spl gain or loss tho... I thought it just had to do more so with the box and a mixture of the box and port as far as sq is concerned.

Either way ill be watching your build log once its under way. Im interested how this will turn out.

Well i suppose if you want sloppy base than go ahead. I dunno tho, hell i think what i currently have at the moment is a bit sloppy. Im not sure about spl gain or loss tho... I thought it just had to do more so with the box and a mixture of the box and port as far as sq is concerned.
Either way ill be watching your build log once its under way. Im interested how this will turn out.
Thanks for the info! But I refuse to take advice (If there is any advice in that) from a man that can't spell bass. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

Well, good luck with 4ft^3 tuned to 32hz with a pair of 6" aeros...being 34" long each.
Yeah those ports will be stupid long.

Perhaps try a kerfed slot port, it will look better than a plain slot and be cheaper/easier than the aeros.

If you're going for efficiency try 5 cubes net and if u can fit and build it a 10" sonotube and make your own flares. Nothing wrong with slot ports but round ports and aeros are more efficient. If you want more output do more port area, but the frequency response will start to roll off sooner than a smaller port would. I myself have done up to 28 inches of port area before per foot, but im not much for anything above 45hz if im just looking for output

Yeah those ports will be stupid long.
Perhaps try a kerfed slot port, it will look better than a plain slot and be cheaper/easier than the aeros.
Cheaper yes, easier... no. I don't think anything will be easier than just screwing in aeros haha, but I get what you mean.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.