2 12" Kicker L7 box designs

Participant count
  • Participant list

L7bass

I'm building a basic sealed box for my 2 12" Kicker L7's. The box is roughly 34" x 14" x 15" and comes out to almost exactly 4 cubic feet which is the recommended box volume for sound quality according to the manual. The brace/divider I put inbetween the two chambers takes up about .07 cubic feet which makes the box about as close to 4 cubes as I could get it. I was struggling with drawing up the plans so I thought I'd try Google Sketchup. I was able to do what I wanted with some minor hassle- the tool is somewhat difficult to work with but is very powerful.

I thought I'd share my work incase someone else was looking for a basic box or maybe something to base their plans off of. Hope it helps someone! Let me know if you have problems with the attachments.

3d Box view - https://sites.google.com/site/filesg00senet/share/2%2012inch%20solo%20L7%20Sealed%20panels.skp?attredirects=0&d=1

measurements - (reworking it - forgot to include the thickness of the panels in the measurements.. doh!)

For some reason I can't edit my own post so I'll have to reply here. I finally dialed in the measurements and the box is almost complete. If you want a copy of the google sketchup file, email me and I'll send it to you. I can't attach anything more than 30kb so you'll just have to email me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.