2 12" Fi Q sealed or ported?

sobe3yourself.
10+ year member

lordside gangster
Orange, CA
each getting a rockford t1500 going in the back of a 98 accord coupe. any ideas or suggestions for other subs i can use. i want something that can hit the lowest of the lows //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

ported boxs give a much deep bass, A sealed box is best for any music that demands tight, accurate bass. Expect flat response, the smaller the sealed box the higher the res freq will be.

A PORTED enclosure will generally have a better low frequency extension for a given response shape, If you made the enclosure as small as the sealed enclosure, but ported it to gain the low frequency response, the output would deviate from the desired flat response. ported will gen have a more boomier sound.

meeeh gl with your build

and yes sealed does have the loudest setup but not daily, its a db drag, totally different then any daily driver, sealed are less efficient so you can put a punch of power on a single sub, cadence did this with 2 daytona which are rated at 1500rms and with 2 of them put 8 6000 rms zrs9000d amps on them, as the poster said before you are abloe to overpower the recomended sub with a small sealed box because it is less efficient. so when dbdragsters blurp they gen use sealed boxes. as for daily ported are generally 2 to 3 dbs louder

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.