2 12 kicker cvrs vs 1 15 or 1 12?

The amp is 1000w rms @ 1 ohm, cvr's are 400w rms .I didn't wana risk it. The box is 3.7 cubic feet. Prefab box, Idk the airspace. And the specs like height, depth, etc?

The amp is 1000w rms @ 1 ohm, cvr's are 400w rms .I didn't wana risk it. The box is 3.7 cubic feet. Prefab box, Idk the airspace. And the specs like height, depth, etc?
So, we've found your issues then.

If your amp does the rated 1000w @ 1 ohm, which I doubt, it'll only be 500rms to each sub and they will take that all day as long as you don't clip them. Wire the amp to 1 ohm and you'll see a difference already.

Also, no prefab vented boxes. If you want deeper, louder bass; get a custom box built for your subs or else you will be wasting money by even buying new subs.

Buying different subs and leaving the install the way it is will be a waste of money and time and you will still be disappointed.

The CVRs will handle every bit of that amp @1ohm as long as the gain is properly set and you aren't sending a distorted signal. Wire it in at 1ohm and be much much happier.

Alright, thanks man. Ill prolly wire them down this weekend or something, and if not i'll keep looking.
And if you're looking for 'fuller' bass, especially on the low end, get a custom box made to your subs specs. And by specs, I mean the recommended airspace, tuning, etc. from the manufacturer.

ditto what prince and wickedwitt have said - drop the impedance, and get a properly built box. will make a world of difference (also be sure to set your subsonic filter correctly)

Firstly, why are u wired to a 4 ohm load? Why not 1 ohm? You'll get more power from your amp that way and the CVRs might do what u want?
Did anyone even pay attention to that part or just saw Kicker and said "we must get him some Sundown and Fi so he'll be cool".

Any specs on the box? What's it tuned to? Proper airspace?

These are all things that greatly affect your bass OP
Everyone just started throwing out whatever brand they have a woody for, nobody asked about the box (probably prefab). Total fail here.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.