2 12 Kicker comps & Crunch Powerone P1-1000.4 Car Amplifier good combination?

pokahontaz2

Hello,

Im new to this website and would like to get some advice. I want to install two 12 kicker comps and a crunch powerone p1 1000.4 amp to a Toyota Corolla, i will be using the stock radio as well as the stock speakers in the car doors. Will i need one or two amps for this? i was thinking of bridging the amp since i only have two subs, but its a 4 channel amp. Is that a good idea? Or should i just get a crunch cr1000.2? Im currenty using two 12 comps & crunch cr1000.2 in my 2011 gmc sierra, and im loving the way it sounds. I have not had any problems with my system and let me tell this ***** kicks!!! I know its not a very expensive set up but it works for me and its LOUD!!

Kicker comp cvr 12's?

Cvr's are 800rms(pair) so the amp is a little small but would still work.

I'd recommend a 2000 Watt amp for Max power.

you should bridge the channels and depending on the ohms of the amp,

You'll want to wire the subs in parellel for a dual voice coil sub. + to +, - to-.

This way the subs will be wired to the amp at 1ohm(if you have the kicker cvr's).

he dosnt need that much power. 200rms overhead is plenty dude
Really? I've ran 2 CVR 12's off 800RMS each fine for the price why not have more "overhead." I guess that's just me though always getting the most out of my budget. Chances are he won't see clean 1K from the onyx with his electrical after rise. I'd just get the 1600.1D and run i @ 1k would be more efficient and give him more headroom if he ever upgraded.

Where not talking about you, were talking about the basic setup he wants. so a 1600 is pointless, he just wants some bump hes not doing anything big.... above 1000 he needs electrical upgrade

Where not talking about you, were talking about the basic setup he wants. so a 1600 is pointless, he just wants some bump hes not doing anything big.... above 1000 he needs electrical upgrade
You're an idiot why wouldn't he buy the bigger amplifier that's cleaner and more expensive for a little more than the Onyx? It's not pointless because in 4 weeks hes going to want more and hes going to want to get bigger subwoofer and look hes going to have to get a bigger amplifier. Why not get the 1600 tune to about 1k or whatever the subwoofers take before they start to stink/get warm and then get cleaner, louder power that doesnt drop the voltage as bad after rise? Got why am I arguing with you.

That amplifiers is a STEAL @ 165 shipped I wish someone had linked me to that amplifier before I bought my AP1500.1D for about the same price but oh wait I didnt NEED the power then I guess I don't need it now.

The guy wants to be loud it has nothing to do with what I WANT, it has to do with stupid mestakes I made when I started out that I wish I hadn't and all the headache. So you think he would be happier with the 1K that COSTS MORE than the 1600 and isn't as clean, powerful or efficient? Makes a ton of sense my dude.

I had 2 kicker comp cvr's in a ported box wired at 1ohm.

I had a autotek atx2000.1 amp pushing them. Yes its 200 over, so what.

As long as you know how to set an amp n don't b a show off with the bass knob,

You'll be fine.

Good luck

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.