2 12' ddaudio 3500 or 2 12' solo x and what amp should i buy!

acsinoz
10+ year member

well ok im short on budget and well i have 2 12" dd audio 3500 they are one of the old ones and also 2 12"kicker solo x i got the kickers for 300$ for both ! and the dd audio free =D but i have a problem i have no amp! so nothing to power them with so i have no idea what amp should i buy plus money is also a problem i want to spend max 300 so yea any suggestion please and thank you!

The DD 3500 series is awesome for SQ and get's loud like all the other DD lines lol..the solo x will prob get as loud as the DD's, maybe a tad louder but the DD's will sound the best.

If the older ones are anything like the newer ones then they are def. a bit underrated. Depending on enclosure size you could give them 3k and probably a bit more. Whats the coil config on them?

The DD 3500 series is awesome for SQ and get's loud like all the other DD lines lol..the solo x will prob get as loud as the DD's, maybe a tad louder but the DD's will sound the best.
If the older ones are anything like the newer ones then they are def. a bit underrated. Depending on enclosure size you could give them 3k and probably a bit more. Whats the coil config on them?
3k a piece?

solo x's will take 3k daily each. yes the DD's will sound cleaner, but im almost sure the x's will get louder. X's want huge boxes whereas if i remember the DD's arent so space hungry. whats your electrical looking like? and what coil configuration are on those x's?

you should use the DD's and make me a sick deal on the solo x SPAIRS. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

thevic24 is sending 2800 to a single 3512 i believe. i may be wrong but i'm pretty sure hes got it on 2800
Actually I was for quite a while. At the moment I only have one of the BRZ 2100's on it as Iam re-doing a few things in the truck.

I was getting a tad over a clamped 1400 per amp at 45hz and with a 2.2 ohm load per amp. I had one on each coil and ran that daily for a good while.

(Should have it back this way soon...)

With the one amp now, Iam getting just over 2250 clamped at 40hz with a .8 ohm load.

This is the new 3512 with the super charged and extra stiff option. IIRC, the newer 3500's already take more power/abuse

vs the older style 3500's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.