2 10" or 1 13"

IS350

Needed some help on which setup would sound better and slam the hardest in my Acura TL. Im thinking of doing a single 13 JL Audio W7 on a Slash 1200/1v3 or doing 2 10" Sundown SA's on a nice 1500RMS amp. Both boxes would be 2.5 net cubic volume tuned to 32 hertz.

Needed some help on which setup would sound better and slam the hardest in my Acura TL. Im thinking of doing a single 13 JL Audio W7 on a Slash 1200/1v3 or doing 2 10" Sundown SA's on a nice 1500RMS amp. Both boxes would be 2.5 net cubic volume tuned to 32 hertz.
i'd say the sa's (just because of price diff) but there are other options

Both options will sound good and "slam" in the proper box. The W7 is a nice woofer but definitely expensive. You can take a look at the ID Max 12 as well. Its closer to a 13. I've had 2 10's and 1 12 in a small trunk and I'm partial to a single sub setup.

I would say both options are neck and neck. The JL stuff will cost significantly more unless you have a hook up or getting it used. Look into other brands before making a final decision.

Will they be similar in loudness?
w7s arent meant for loudness. Its a middle ground for loud and good sounding. SAs are similar but more skewed towards loud. The two 10s have more cone area than the JL so the two SA 10 setup should be louder if thats what you are going for.

I just did installs in my 2 daily driven cars and went with 10’s in both. Just put the power to them and they will pound.

If you want to get louder with single sub it’ll take a 15 at least probably versus a decent pr of 10’s.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

IS350

IS350
Los Angeles, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
IS350