2/0 to 1/0 Confusion

Participant count
  • Participant list

LetMyBeatPound

CarAudio.com Exclusive
Hey guys,

Sry I make alot of treads, I just can't ever seem to find one talking about the specific question I have.

Now I remember some of you stated 2/0 awg ofc welding wire is = to 1/0 awg ofc audio wire. Is this just spec wise? As in amount of power transfer or size or what?

I have 2/0 awg ofc ordered and on the way.

My amp accepts 1/0 wire in the power and ground inputs.

Do I need to order 2/0 to 1/0 Reducers?

I just don't want to order them n not need em or not order them and need them. Also the wire company is sending me a bunch if wire ferrules so the set screws don't tear my wire up and makes a solid connection.

Thanks once again.

Scotty

After my build is done which should be with in the next week I'll stop with all the treads, I know some ppl can get highly agrivated by someone who makes alot of threads

Its in size comparison car audio wire is oversized wire. The 2/0 welding wire will fit and slide in just fine into the amps 1/0 inputs

Hey guys,Sry I make alot of treads, I just can't ever seem to find one talking about the specific question I have.

Now I remember some of you stated 2/0 awg ofc welding wire is = to 1/0 awg ofc audio wire. Is this just spec wise? As in amount of power transfer or size or what?

I just don't want to order them n not need em or not order them and need them. Also the wire company is sending me a bunch if wire ferrules so the set screws don't tear my wire up and makes a solid connection.

Thanks once again.

Scotty

After my build is done which should be with in the next week I'll stop with all the treads, I know some ppl can get highly agrivated by someone who makes alot of threads
I had wondered the same thing. The reason why is because welding wire uses thicker strands, thus using less strands in the wiring than reg car audio wire. Car audio power wire uses more strands, less thickness in the strands. I took a pic of Knukoceptz 1/0 Kolusses OFC with a piece of Royal Excelene 1/0...

gFG57fS.jpg

Hey guys,Sry I make alot of treads, I just can't ever seem to find one talking about the specific question I have.

Thanks once again.

Scotty

No build log started?

No build log started?
I am going to make one... So far it's just a big pile of boxes and a bunch of note book pages... I'm still waiting on wire and my 8g box terminals/terminals clips. That and the batt. terminals I ordered are flimsy garbage... The plastic is even all broke on em so they're going back. I found some solid 2x 1/0g 2x 8g set screw style terminals for $30 bucks which should be alot better.

Plus im still working in my box design.

It's Top firing double baffle 48"x30"x24"(24.75") w/ slot port of 20"x6.25"x22.5" which is like 15cft at 29hrz tune plus or minus 1hrz for the 1.5cft speaker displacement. To hit them really low rumbley bass notes I really like. But I may change it and bring the tune up 5 to 8 hrz I haven't decided yet still talking to ppl about it. One guy said set up like that instead of the original 48x28x20 @ 10cft 36hrz I will gain effiscency but lose cone control what ever that means but that being in a caravan it'll sound louder than other spl builds that would meter higher numbers... He kinda lost me but I'm starting to kinda understand a bit. Hell all I do is read and watch videos about this stuff every free minute I have lol

I am going to make one... So far it's just a big pile of boxes and a bunch of note book pages... I'm still waiting on wire and my 8g box terminals/terminals clips. That and the batt. terminals I ordered are flimsy garbage... The plastic is even all broke on em so they're going back. I found some solid 2x 1/0g 2x 8g set screw style terminals for $30 bucks which should be alot better. Plus im still working in my box design.

It's Top firing double baffle 48"x30"x24"(24.75") w/ slot port of 20"x6.25"x22.5" which is like 15cft at 29hrz tune plus or minus 1hrz for the 1.5cft speaker displacement. To hit them really low rumbley bass notes I really like. But I may change it and bring the tune up 5 to 8 hrz I haven't decided yet still talking to ppl about it. One guy said set up like that instead of the original 48x28x20 @ 10cft 36hrz I will gain effiscency but lose cone control what ever that means but that being in a caravan it'll sound louder than other spl builds that would meter higher numbers... He kinda lost me but I'm starting to kinda understand a bit. Hell all I do is read and watch videos about this stuff every free minute I have lol
Caravan? Hmm...not sure how subs would be best if it's subs up, port back, or subs/port back.

Tuning pretty low, lose all your upper frequencies....but tune a little higher, above 30Hz, and you'll gain some upper frequencies. Depends on what genre type of music you listen too also.

Caravan? Hmm...not sure how subs would be best if it's subs up, port back, or subs/port back.
Tuning pretty low, lose all your upper frequencies....but tune a little higher, above 30Hz, and you'll gain some upper frequencies. Depends on what genre type of music you listen too also.
I would like to make them rear fire/rear port but they are like 20" 20.5" on the rims and 48" is my Max width minus the 1.5" for the sides that that leaves me with like a 4-5"" slot port... I'm still playing with the design tho... It may work tho looking at my design I bought from this site... If they fit on top with the port between them then I dont see why they wouldn't fit on the port face... I was even thinking of building the box on top of the wheel well things with the lil compartments... Then I have 5ft wide bottom 4ft top, 30" slanted sides and like 28" deep... Then I can add some fu1250v2.0 15" later to the bottom lmao j/k

And yea I think I'm gonna bring the tune up to 36-38hrz cuz I listen to mostly hip hop, but I also like dub step, techno, rock, alot of metal, and even a bit of country and alternative... But mostly trap hip hop but it would be better to have the higher range and substitute later on with a really low tuned set of 15s.

Maybe 33-35Hz would be more ideal for tuning then instead of 36-38. 35Hz is the average highest I would go. I still like my lows, but not extreme lows. At that tune, you can still play the upper freq songs and some low stuff to so you have the best of both worlds.

I just got a laptop a few days ago. Is there any good free software for box design? All my tuning info is coming off of an app and I would like to check it through a few different source to make sure it all matches up

Maybe 33-35Hz would be more ideal for tuning then instead of 36-38. 35Hz is the average highest I would go. I still like my lows, but not extreme lows. At that tune, you can still play the upper freq songs and some low stuff to so you have the best of both worlds.
The size of the box and size of port has more to do with it then port tuning U can have a 2 cube box tuned to 30hz and a 3 cube box tuned to 30hz and they will sound totally different.

I just got a laptop a few days ago. Is there any good free software for box design? All my tuning info is coming off of an app and I would like to check it through a few different source to make sure it all matches up

I've had good luck with WinISD, Torres is popular and I hear you may be able to find Bass Box Pro on torrent... if you legally bought a copy and just lost your disc of course.

Wire gauge will vary by brand but 00 to 0 gauge you shouldn't need reducers, just trim a little with your kleins until they fit if you wound up with super over sized wire.

How much bandwidth you'll get out of what tuning is largely dependent on the subs. You'd do well to model yours before deciding on tune. Some subs will want to tune low and play a wide bandwidth flat, others will give you a peak around tuning so you'll need to sort of center that around the music you normally play compromising somewhere.

I prefer high 30's to 40. 38hz tuned box should be able to play down to 32-33 without trouble and if you don't listen to movies, pipe organ music, or slowed recordings you'll never miss not being able to play below 35.

Can you guys tell me anything about this stuff?

I could of swore I read some where that these optimal ported size was around 10cft each but I can't find it now. Maybe that was the FB rep told me... Also said these woofer love a 3:1 4th order best but that's out of my ability range for now unless I can figure it out with one of the recommended programs because I much rather the 4th

18″ Cast Aluminum Basket

40 Pounds Total Weight

Dual 2ohm or Dual 4ohm Coil Options

750rms Watts

2.5″ Black anodized coil bobbin with through-hole venting

8 layer parallel wound copper coil

Kraft pulp cone re-enforced with Kevlar®129 yarn strands

40mm Pressed tall-roll heavy duty foam surround

Extra heavy duty dome dustcap re-enforced with protective secondary cap

Dual Nomax linear spiders

Heavy duty stitched tinsel leads

8 Gauge Spring push terminals

FEA optimized motor with inner and outer venting

Double stacked high strength Y35 ferrites with a combined pulling force of 55.8 pounds

T/S Parameters

Re: 3.97 Ohm

Fs: 31 Hz

Qms: 4.48

Qes: 0.840

Qts: 0.707

Vas: 156

Le: 3.72 mH

BL: 22.2

SPL: 89.3dB

Sd: 1217.34 cm^2

Mms: 479 g

Xmax: 20mm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.