No sound from new car radio

Participant count
  • Participant list

Scorpio2

I've bought a Kenwood radio along with the corresponding wiring harness for my truck (2003 Chevy Silverado 2500) I hooked everything up wire to wire LF+ to LF+ and so on. Radio turns on antenna works but I don't hear anything. I've already tested my speakers and the front two work since I just put them in there (Kicker CS). All fuses are good so no problem there. Just no sound, no static, and no beeping changing from tuner to CD to aux etc. Any help is appreciated.

All i can say is check your connections again. both back of the head unit and speaker connections.

You can also put the speaker directly to the back of the head unit to see if the speaker output is bad or not as well.

I just hard wired the speaker to the head unit and I heard nothing. I'll check all connections from the factory harness since the previous owner decided to cut it off and check the head unit wires.

I've bought a Kenwood radio along with the corresponding wiring harness for my truck (2003 Chevy Silverado 2500) I hooked everything up wire to wire LF+ to LF+ and so on. Radio turns on antenna works but I don't hear anything. I've already tested my speakers and the front two work since I just put them in there (Kicker CS). All fuses are good so no problem there. Just no sound, no static, and no beeping changing from tuner to CD to aux etc. Any help is appreciated.
You have a "not plugged in" error somewhere. You've already ruled out the "not turned on" error.

John Kuthe...

I rewired all connections and tested a speaker that I know 100% works but still nothing

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

What do you mean by "not plugged in"? As in my case maybe not wired up correctly?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.